Skip to main content Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will remain accessible to you, regardless of your location (or ours!).


Q: What happens if I can’t finish my classes this semester?

A: Please contact our office before making modifications to your class schedule so we can assist you in making the most beneficial and informed decisions for your individual situation. 


Q: Can I still contact the Financial Aid Office?

A: Yes! We are still here. Our phone number is: 303-556-8593 and our email is:


Q: Can I talk to a counselor one-on-one?

A: Yes! Our counselors will continue to be available for one-on-one assistance and appointments can be scheduled through the Navigate platform at When scheduling an appointment please be sure to indicate your preferred method of contact and communication (email, phone, video conference platform, etc.)


Q: Your office has requested I complete a form to complete my financial aid file. How can I get it to you?

A: Forms can always be submitted via email to After ink signing the form, please scan or photograph the document and ensure it (and any required documentation) is formatted as a JPEG, PNG, or PDF file. You may also mail documents to:

Office of Financial and Scholarships
Campus Box 2, P.O. Box 173362
Denver Co. 80217


Q: Can I still get financial aid in the summer term?

A: Absolutely! We will continue to award and disburse financial aid as allowed by the Federal and Colorado Departments of Education. As a reminder, most financial aid awards require at least half-time enrollment before dollars can disburse to student accounts. Half time enrollment is 6 credit hours for undergraduate students and 3 credit hours for our graduate students.  


Q: I have a work-study job on campus. If campus closes, can I continue to earn my work-study funds?

A:  Yes! Student employees can continue to work while campus remains open and will continue to receive their earnings should campus close. Student employees and their supervisors are encouraged to maintain proactive lines of communication, including discussions pertaining to work schedules and expectations. 


Q: I've graduated and am responsible for making payments on my student loans. What are my options? 

A: The White House along with the U.S Department of Education is working to alleviate both student loan interest rates and payment requirements for borrowers impacted by COVID-19. Updates are regularly being announced so please check back here often! 

  • As of March 20th, 2020: the Department of Education is allowing borrowers to request administrative forbearance to temporarily stop making federal student loan payments for 60 days without becoming delinquent. You must contact your loan servicer to request this forbearance. If you do not know who your servicer is or how to contact them, visit or call the Federal Student Aid system at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). TTY: 1-800-730-8913.
  • As of March 13th, 2020: the Department of Education plans to waive all interest on Federal Direct Loans, Federal Perkins Loans, and Federal Family Education Loans (FFEL) held by the Department of Education. Interest rates will automatically be adjusted and no action is required by borrowers. Please note this interest rate adjustment does not change your monthly payment requirement, amount due, or due date. 

For additional information about the administrative forbearance and interest waiver announcements, please visit:




Edit this page