Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award
Congratulations to the winners of the 2019 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards!
Deadlines and information for the 2019-2020 awards will be updated in Spring 2020.
|2018-2019||Ingrid Carter||Wendy Gallagher|
|2017-2018||Sue Barnd||Cory Sell||Christopher Keelan||Ali O'Brien|
|2016-2017||Jeff Loats||Jeff Parker||Sarah Schliemann|
|2015-2016||Matt Makley||Barb EchoHawk||Christine Kuglin|
|2014-2015||Barbara McKenzie||Courtney Rocheleau||Kayoko Moore|
|2013-2014||Cherise Leiter||Uwe Kackstaetter||Rebecca Cottrell|
|2012-2013||Lunden MacDonald||Andrew Bonham||Christopher Tetro|
|2011-2012||Rebecca Ferrell||Annie Butler||Jesse Ruderman|
|2010-2011||Jennifer Weddig||Jeff Loats||Katherine Sauer|
|2009-2010||Ann Williams||David Kish||Kristine Reyes|
|2008-2009||Bill Baxendale||Rebecca Gorman||Wendy Gallagher|
|2007-2008||Eric Erickson||Aaron Richmond||Allison Wilder|
|2006-2007||Nancy Frontczak||Cynthia Kuhn||Kas Parsons|
|2005-2006||Anil Rao||Kamran Sahami||Jean Ethridge|
|2004-2005||Robert Schatz||Bruce Degi|
The Faculty Senate is no longer accepting applications for the 2019 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards. Thank you for applying or nominating fellow-faculty to apply for this recognition of the outstanding efforts faculty make.
There are four awards, each for $1500:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure Track Faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students' learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure track award must be full-time faculty and have taught a full load or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of 2018-2019. Applicants for the full-time temporary and part-time faculty award must have taught classes during both semesters of 2018-2019. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating on-line and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must be received by TBD Electronic submission (.doc, .pdf) is preferred.
A complete application will include the following:
- Completed Teaching Excellence Award Application;
- Complete SRIs from 2018-2019 calendar year Fall and Spring, or Spring 2019 and Fall 2019
- Syllabus from one class;
- Guidelines for one assignment;
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and rooms of classes;
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant's teaching and is not a student.
Please direct questions to Maggie Thulson, Assistant to the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs, at email@example.com