School of Education
Events in Trauma-Informed Practices
OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS, ALUMNI, FACULTY, STAFF AND MENTOR TEACHERS
Every semester the School of Education provides a FREE 4-part professional learning series on creating trauma-informed and equitable learning environments. These sessions are available to all School of Education students, alumni, faculty, staff and mentor teachers.
We schedule multiple date options for these professional learnings. The content is the same for each date option (i.e. all Part 1s are the same and all Part 2s are the same).
The topics covered in these sessions are as follows:
Date options for Part 1: How Trauma and Stress Impact Learning:
- Tuesday, February 16th, 5:00 to 7:30pm
- Saturday, February 20th, 9:00 to 11:30am
- Saturday, February 20th, 12:30 to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, March 2nd, 5:00 to 7:30pm
These professional learnings will be held virtually. After completing Parts 1 and 2 you will be sent invites for Parts 3 and 4.
- Part 3: Fostering Resilience
- Part 4: Social Emotional Learning and Empowerment
- Tuesday, April 6th, 5:00 to 7:30pm
- Saturday, April 10th, 9:00 to 11:30am
- Saturday, April 10th, 12:30 to 3:00pm
- Tuesday, April 20th, 5:00 to 7:30pm