School of Education
Events in Trauma-Informed Practices
OPPORTUNITY FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS, ALUMNI, FACULTY AND STAFF
You have the opportunity to attend a FREE 4-part professional learning series on creating trauma-informed and equitable learning environments! Please note if you are a student you must have completed at least one semester of field experience work in order to attend.
We have scheduled multiple date options for these professional learnings. The content is the same for each date option (i.e. all Part 1s are the same and all Part 2s are the same).
Date options for Part 1: How Trauma and Stress Impact Learning
- Tuesday, September 15 from 5:00pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, October 10 from 9:00am-11:30am
Date options for Part 2: Cultural Humility (You MUST have already attended a Part 1 to attend Part 2)
- Tuesday, September 29 from 5:00pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, October 10 from 12:00pm-2:30pm
Please RSVP using the following link by 1-week before the date of your chosen session(s). Space is limited, be sure to reserve your spot!
If you are not affiliated with the SOE but would like to attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These professional learnings will be held virtually. After completing Parts 1 and 2 you will be sent invites for Parts 3 and 4.
We strongly encourage you to attend, as these professional learnings:
- can be included on your resume - you will receive a certificate upon series completion,
- are free for you now but would typically cost money, and have been specifically designed for MSU Denver School of Education students, and
- can positively impact your teaching, community building, classroom management and relationships with students.
The topics for future sessions in this series are as follows:
- Part 3: Fostering Resilience
- Part 4: Social Emotional Learning and Empowerment