School of Education
WELCOME TO THE OFFICE OF CLINICAL EXPERIENCES AND PARTNERSHIPS (OCEP)!
**APPLICATION PROCESS NOW IN PROGRESS - SEE BELOW**
Candidates applying to begin Student Teaching or Residency in Spring 2021 will apply through our web-based application system. An email has been sent to MSU Denver email addresses for all School of Education students with information regarding a webinar that candidates must view before gaining access to the Student Teaching/Residency application. The deadline for submitting intent to student teach or begin Residency in Spring 2021 is September 4th, 2020. UPDATE: Extended deadline for submitting the intent form is Monday, September 7th at 11:59 PM.
For an overview of the Student Teaching/Residency application process, visit the Student Teaching & Residency Application Process page.
Coming soon: Calendar of Dates and Deadlines for important deadline information.
Our site is designed to provide direct access to relevant information for Students, Mentor Teachers, and University Student Teaching Supervisors. Visit the appropriate section of the site for details on the student teaching experience by clicking a button below or in the site navigation on the left.
Please review the following general information regarding our office and the student teaching process.
- Maintain all records and processes pertaining to student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Provide student teaching information at important stages in the process
- Advise students of the requirements that must be met to qualify to participate in student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Notify students of all deadlines pertaining to student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Organize and review all documents submitted by students pursuing student teaching, residencies, and internships
- Request, approve, and document all student teaching, residency, and internship placements
- Provide quality supervision for student teaching, residency, and internship assignments
- Monitor the supervision of students participating in student teaching, residency, and internship and solve problems as they arise
- Document program, student teaching, residency, and internship completion
- Provide Colorado approved program verification form to the student, which the student will scan and include in their Colorado Department of Education application.
- Provide other state verification forms as needed
The Student Teaching Handbook provides information on all aspects of the student teaching experience. It covers expectations for the student, mentor teacher, and university supervisor as well as explanations of the process for placement, evaluation, and verification of completion for licensure. Students, mentor teachers, and supervisors have access to our website and can view the handbook to obtain information about responsibilities and expectations.