Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Keep up with the latest happenings in the Meteorology Program
New Broadcast Meteorology Course this spring!
This spring, Professor and CBS4 Meteorologist Chris Spears is offering MTR/JRN 290A: Broadcast Meteorology. It will be Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30-1:45 in the Auraria Media Center where the class will have access to the green screen and the MAX computer system for creating weather imagery! This will count as a meteorology elective.
You will learn how to…
- develop a weather forecast
- build graphics to tell your weather story using the Max computer
- present weather on live TV using the green screen
- do live weather reports from the field
- and much, much more including valuable adlib/improv skills and how to interact with other members of a news operation, such as anchors, producers and directors
Students, Alumni, and Faculty attend American Meteorological Society Conference in Phoenix in early January
Congratulations Fall 2018 Graduates!