One factor in Metropolitan State University of Denver’s decision to switch to Workday is that the program can improve not only the way business is conducted but how employees work. Workday makes it easier to take control of personal information and manage a multitude of job-related tasks.
Before the switch becomes permanent, employees have a chance to see firsthand how easy Workday will be to use and navigate through the Employee Self-Service and Manager Self-Service demonstrations that are now available.
Visit the videos and demos folder in the Workday Transformation Team to access the Workday ESS demo and Workday MSS demo. Below are a few highlights of Workday’s self-service functionality. Employee Self-Service will allow employees to:
- Update personal information, such as preferred name, gender identity, marital status, home address and more.
- View payroll-related documents, such as pay slips (currently called pay stubs) and tax documents.
- Manage direct-deposit information and tax withholdings.
- Request time off and check leave balances (and track approval status).
- Look up colleagues’ work information, making it easier to connect with peers.
- Apply for new positions and keep track of career goals.
Virtual Lunch & Learn for more information about Workday
- Wednesday: Workday Learning
- Nov. 16: Recruiting and Student Employment
- Nov. 28: Travel and Expenses
- Nov. 30: Time Tracking
Employees are encouraged to attend a Workday Lunch & Learn this month where employees can chat with Workday subject-matter experts, ask questions and cover popular topics of interest, including:
- Absence and time-tracking
- Travel and expenses
- Hiring, recruiting and student employment
All Lunch & Learn sessions will be held from 12:15-1p.m. via Microsoft Teams. Meeting links will be posted on the Workday website one week prior to each Lunch & Learn. Visit the Upcoming Events section of the Workday website for all the details.
Workday virtual-meeting backgrounds for employees
The Workday team is happy to share some virtual swag: Workday Teams backgrounds. Whether you are a part of the Workday project team, a Workday Change Agent or an excited Workday follower, help promote and support the coming of Workday by using the new and fun Workday Teams meeting backgrounds! Visit the Workday Transformation Team to access the options.