The Auraria Campus is in full bloom, the days are getting even longer, and Metropolitan State University of Denver’s 2022 graduates have officially flown the nest. As the University approaches the summer term, there are a lot of good reasons to keep the matriculation momentum rising along with the temperature. And since we’re all about the increasing degrees, here’s why encouraging students to sign up for summer–semester courses is the smart call:
- Flexible course options: With various start times rolling over the summer semester, students can fit in a vacation and still keep advancing toward their degrees.
- Smaller class sizes: Fewer folks on campus means more one-on-one time between students and faculty members, fostering even greater learning opportunities.
- Graduation acceleration: Taking summer classes gets students that much closer to their diploma.
- Greater availability: High-demand classes that fill up fast in fall are much more accessible during the summer semester.
- Condensed courses: Students can receive credit in eight weeks or less and stay continuously engaged with the content they’re studying.
- Visiting options: Students who are home for summer from other universities can take courses at MSU Denver and transfer the credits back to their home institutions. And while they’ll need to confirm with those schools the course transferability, it’s a little easier thanks to…
- Guaranteed Transfer Pathways: The program from the Colorado Department of Higher Education helps guarantee that general-studies courses are foundational at institutions across the state.
- Great financial-aid resources: Funding resources are available to students throughout the aid year. Students can visit the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships website to learn more about the CASFA, FAFSA, Roadrunner Promise, Dean’s Grant, Indigenous and Native People’s Grant and other ways to fund their education.
- Online study: The beach? A coffee shop? With hundreds of courses (as well as entire undergraduate and graduate programs) available online, the classroom for students can be anywhere with a Wi-Fi connection.
And last but not least…
10. Another chance to get Rowdy: Follow in our feathered friend’s size-20 footsteps and have fun in the campus sun! Just don’t forget the sunscreen.