The Faculty Senate is accepting applications for the 2022 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards. Please consider applying or nominating fellow faculty members to apply.
There are four awards, each for $1,500:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure Track Faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students’ learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure-track award must be full-time and have taught full-time or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of the 2021-22 academic year. Applicants for the full-time, temporary and part-time faculty awards must have taught classes during both semesters of 2021-22. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating face-to-face, online and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty members to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must be received by Feb. 11, 11:59 p.m. Apply online.
A complete application will include the following:
- Completed application form
- Syllabus from one class
- Guidelines for one assignment
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and rooms of classes
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant’s teaching and is not a student
Please direct questions to Lisa Hagan, Ph.D., professor of Psychological Sciences, at [email protected].