Your chance to honor an outstanding educator
Apply or nominate a colleague for a 2021 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award.
February 9, 2021
The Faculty Senate is accepting applications for the 2021 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards. Please consider applying or nominating fellow faculty members to apply for this recognition.
There are four awards, each for $1,500:
- Tenured faculty
- Tenure-track faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students’ learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure-track awards must be full-time faculty and have taught a full load or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of 2020-21. Applicants for the full-time temporary and part-time faculty award must have taught classes during both semesters of 2020-21. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating online and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must be received from the nominee by Feb. 26 at 11:59 p.m. through the following link: 2020-2021 Teaching Excellence Award Application.
A complete application will include the following documents:
- Complete Student Ratings of Instruction (SRIs) from the 2019-20 academic year fall and spring, or spring 2020 and fall 2020
- Syllabus from one class
- Guidelines for one assignment
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and locations of classes
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant’s teaching and is not a student
Please direct questions to Maggie Thulson, assistant, Faculty Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics: Academics, Award, Excellence, Faculty Senate, Teaching Excellence AwardEdit this page