Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award deadline extended
Apply or nominate fellow faculty members by March 5.
February 23, 2021
The deadline for the 2021 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards application has been extended to March 5.
Please consider applying or nominating fellow faculty members to apply for this recognition of the outstanding efforts faculty members make.
Each of the four categories includes a $1,500 award:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure-Track Faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards honor faculty members who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students’ learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure-track awards must be full-time faculty members and have taught a full load or worked an equivalent load during both semesters of 2020-21. Applicants for the full-time-temporary and part-time-faculty awards must have taught classes during both semesters of 2020-21. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating online and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty members to consider applying for this prestigious award.
All applications must be received from the nominee by March 5 at 11:59 p.m. through the following link: 2020-2021 Teaching Excellence Award Application.
A complete application will include the following documents:
- Complete Student Ratings of Instruction from 2019-20 fall and spring, or spring 2020 and fall 2020;
- Syllabus from one class;
- Guidelines for one assignment;
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and location of classes;
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant’s teaching and is not a student.
Please direct questions to Maggie Thulson, Faculty Affairs, at email@example.com.
Topics: Award, Excellence, Teaching Excellence AwardEdit this page