Peer Review of Online Course Excellence Subcommittee seeks new members
The committee meets once or twice a month with the goal of assessing online courses to ensure that they meet MSU Denver standards and sharing guidance related to design improvements.
February 2, 2021
Online Learning and the current Peer Review of Online Course Excellence Subcommittee committee are extending an invitation for new membership. The PROCES committee originated in 2019 to enable high-level faculty involvement in the development of criteria, process administration and review of instructionally designed new/existing online courses. This committee was instrumental in the creation of the Metropolitan State University of Denver Online Course Design Standards (https://www.msudenver.edu/online-learning/facultyresources/onlinecoursedesignstandards/), which served as the inspiration for the course-design and facilitation goals that guided the summer online training program in which all faculty members participated.
The committee meets once or twice a month with the goal of assessing online courses to ensure that they meet MSU Denver standards and sharing guidance related to design improvements. Additional committee efforts include:
- Creating and adopting online-course quality/rigor standards in collaboration with the Center for Teaching, Learning and Design instructional-design team.
- Upholding standards through review of instructional-design course reports to be distributed halfway through spring and fall and at the end of spring and fall.
- Making recommendations for approval or improvements based on reports, providing approval to release faculty-development pay for course development/improvement.
- Recommending revisions to Course Development Agreements.
- Considering research related to varying online delivery methods/technologies and recommending implementation into course developments.
- Creating and administering an appeals process.
If you would like to be a part of this committee, please contact Matt Griswold, Ed.D., at email@example.com.
Topics: Best practices, Excellence, Online Learning, Process improvementEdit this page