An update on Covid-19 vaccine distribution
Learn the latest about the Auraria Campus Point of Dispensing and vaccine availability.
February 18, 2021
As with many vaccine-distribution sites, the Health Center at Auraria did not receive any vaccine allocation from the state this past week (Feb. 8-12). Currently, the vaccine supply chain is limited, and the state’s priority is to fulfill second-dose requests. Each week, the Health Center at Auraria will place orders for the vaccine with the hope that once the supply chain improves, these orders will be filled in full or in part.
The center knows that many of you are eager for the opportunity to get your Covid-19 vaccination as distribution continues to roll out across Colorado and the nation. The center will keep you informed of Auraria’s vaccine availability and who is eligible for each phase through weekly updates. The Health Center at Auraria manages the Auraria distribution site through a partnership with CovidCheck Colorado and its contractor, Primary Bio.
I encourage you to visit the Health Center at Auraria website at healthcenter1.com, where you will find answers to many commonly asked questions on our FAQ page. You may also email the HCA with additional questions. The Auraria Campus community is encouraged to get their Covid-19 vaccine at their first opportunity to do so. If you have vaccine access through your health care provider or another community option, we encourage you to take the earliest opportunity to be vaccinated.
Steve Monaco, director
Health Center at Auraria
UPDATE FOR THE WEEK OF FEB. 15
The Health Center at Auraria continues to await word from state and federal health officials on when the vaccine will be available for our Point of Dispensing (POD) site at the Fifth Street Garage. We remain hopeful that we will have the resources in hand to start vaccinations for priority groups near the end of February. We anticipate that the Auraria POD vaccination process will extend into the fall semester as we follow state priority guidelines for Phase 1 (winter), Phase 2 (spring) and Phase 3 (summer).
CURRENT ELIGIBILITY | PHASES 1B.1 and 1B.2
- The center is required to follow the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment phase categories for vaccine prioritization.
- Community College of Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, the University of Colorado Denver and the Auraria Higher Education Center have compiled lists of those who qualify for Phases 1B.1 and 1B.2.
- When vaccine becomes available, random selection from each of the lists will occur and people will receive an email invitation from Primary Bio, with instructions for scheduling a vaccine appointment. We expect this to occur in the next several weeks. Please note that, due to supply limitations, not all people in a defined category will receive email invitations at the same time.
- The Auraria Executives Council continues to advocate with state officials for higher education to be included in priority categories.
- At this time, only campus constituents will be eligible for the vaccine once we have a supply.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE VACCINE
- Health Center at Auraria Vaccine FAQ »
- CovidCheckColorado FAQ »
- CDC Vaccine Info »
- 8 Myths About the Covid-19 Vaccine »
- 12 FAQs About the Covid-19 Vaccine – answered by CU Immunologists
- CDPHE 24/7 Vaccine Hotline | 1-877-CO VAX CO (1-877-268-2926)
Topics: AHEC, Health, Safety, Tri-institutionalEdit this page