A valuable professional-development opportunity
Microaggression training helps faculty and staff take their awareness of identity, power and privilege to the next level.
August 18, 2020
Are you seeking improved interactions with students and colleagues?
Do you have difficulty addressing difficult topics in class or with co-workers?
Brush up on these and other skills with the Microaggressions Professional Development Opportunity.
The Microaggressions Awareness Campaign began as a way to help faculty and staff members recognize campus dynamics and foster inclusive environments that address issues such as identity, power and privilege. The goal is to help Metropolitan State University of Denver employees develop an action plan to address and combat the impacts of microaggressions and to continue improving interactions with colleagues and students.
Through this professional-development experience, you will:
- Develop a better understanding of equity, justice and inclusion concepts
- Recognize when microaggressions happen and the impact they can have on others
- Reflect on your own identities and assumptions about others’ identities
- Implement best practices to assess when microaggressions happen and develop action steps to address them
- Develop tools to create more inclusive classroom and working environments
- Address exclusionary behaviors, policies and structures through dialogue and other tools
- Identify and change embedded systematic bias that negatively impacts marginalized groups
If you are interested in hosting a training in your department, contact Tisha Townsend, TRIO scholar advisor, at email@example.com. We will work collaboratively to produce the training that best suits the needs of your department.
Topics: CADRE, Community, Diversity, Events, Excellence, Inclusion, Learning and development, Opportunity, Respect, Save the dateEdit this page