Welcome back from Information Technology Services
Learn about technology resources and service changes for the upcoming semester.
August 13, 2020
Welcome back for the fall semester! While the transition to online classes presents new and unique challenges in the learning environment at Metropolitan State University of Denver, Information Technology Services remains committed to supporting the technology needs of our students, faculty and staff. Here are some of the resources and service changes we’ve made to provide support to the campus community this fall.
- Service Desk appointments: The ITS Service Desk will continue to provide 24/7 phone support for all MSU Denver users. However, Service Desk locations on campus will not have walk-in hours until further notice. If you need to pick up equipment or in-person technology support, technicians will be available by appointment; simply submit a request to the Service Desk by calling 303-352-7548, logging in to support.msudenver.edu or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your MSU Denver email account.
- Computer lab availability: ITS has closed most campus computer labs for the duration of the health crisis. However, the Tivoli 225 and Science 1058/1048 labs have been reopened in a limited capacity, with new policies in place to protect the health of students and employees approved to be on campus for fall semester. Additionally, although not staffed by ITS, SSB 236 will also be open with five stations available. ITS is continuing to investigate options for making technology resources available to students; please check the Student Labs website for the most up-to-date information about lab availability.
- Canvas: As you may already be aware, MSU Denver transitioned to Canvas, a new learning-management system, over the summer. All fall courses will be taught using this new service. If you are not yet familiar with Canvas, we highly recommend visiting msudenver.edu/canvas for more information, including a quick-start guide, online tutorials, FAQs and more.
- Multi-factor authentication: As part of the ongoing efforts to improve MSU Denver’s cybersecurity, ITS has spent the past month enabling multi-factor authentication on all student accounts. Some students may not have logged into their accounts over the summer, so please review MSU Denver’s online MFA resources to be prepared for any questions students may have. The last wave of students will have MFA enabled this afternoon.
- “Online Ready” resources: ITS has compiled a variety of resources for any student, faculty or staff member who needs assistance transitioning to an online learning environment. Online Ready includes tutorials and tips for Teams, Canvas and OneDrive; information on software and hardware availability for remote users; remote-work security best practices; and more. Please take a look if you haven’t already.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 303-352-7548, submit a ticket through support.msudenver.edu or email email@example.com from your MSU Denver email account.
Topics: ITS, Technically Speaking, TechnologyEdit this page