Updates on provost and dean searches
Learn more about first-round provost interviews and see dean search committee members.
November 16, 2020
Update on provost search
Metropolitan State University of Denver conducted first-round interviews with 11 strong provost candidates during the week of Nov. 2. Search committee members met this week to determine their top candidates. Those candidates will participate in virtual campus interviews during the week of Dec. 1. These virtual campus visits will include open sessions for faculty and staff. Depending on the outcome of the virtual visits, the committee aims to select a final candidate in December.
“The search committee has worked diligently in reviewing the backgrounds of a plethora of candidates from all over the country,” said Greg Clifton, J.D., committee chair. “We’re excited for our campus community to meet and learn about the top candidates during the virtual, on-campus interviews.
Update on dean searches
Search committees have been appointed to select MSU Denver’s next deans of the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and the College of Health and Applied Sciences.
Committees met separately earlier this month to develop timelines, search processes and recruitment strategies and to review and provide feedback on position announcement final drafts.
Dean of CHAS Search Committee
- Chittibabu Govindarajulu, Ph.D., chair of Search Committee, dean, College of Business
- Darcy Beery, associate professor, Journalism and Media Production
- Maluwa Behringer, director of Industry Partnerships, Classroom to Career Hub
- Katie Biscoe, associate vice president, University Advancement
- Annie Butler, chair, Human Services and Counseling
- Kathryn Dunleavy, data manager, College of Health and Applied Sciences
- Kristy Duran, Ph.D., faculty associate for Undergraduate Research
- Jeff Forrest, Ph.D., chair, Aviation
- Christian Hardigree, J.D., founding dean, School of Hospitality
- Betsy Jinks, director, Office of Sponsored Research and Programs
- Emily Matuszewicz, Ph.D., associate professor, Health Professions
- Tony Nunez, Ph.D., associate professor, Human Performance and Sport
- K Scherrer, Ph.D., associate professor, Social Work
- Shawn Worthy, Ph.D., professor, Human Services and Counseling
Dean of CLAS Search Committee:
- Elizabeth Parmelee, Ph.D., chair of Search Committee, associate vice president, Undergraduate Studies
- Maria Akrabova, Ph.D., chair, Modern Languages
- Stephanie Allen, director, Advising Systems
- Manny Del Real, Ph.D., executive director for HSI Initiatives and Inclusion
- Jovan Hernandez, Ph.D., associate professor, Psychology
- Elizabeth Hinde, Ph.D., dean, School of Education
- Eric James, Ph.D., associate professor, Speech Communication
- Ron Miles, associate professor, Music
- Miriam Pereira, associate dean, CLAS
- Gwen Thompson, senior director of Development, University Advancement
- Vaughn Toland, executive director of Admissions and Outreach
- Sheryl Zajdowicz, Ph.D., chair, Biology
Engaging in the searches
MSU Denver faculty and staff are encouraged to engage in the recruitment process through the pilot Employee Referral Program. Roadrunners who nominate final-round candidates for these three pilot-phase positions will receive a $250 incentive for their contribution to the process. Eligible referrals must be received before final-round interviews are announced.
To make a referral, complete the MSU Denver Employee Referral Program Form. Learn more about the program.
Topics: Academics, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, Health Institute, Hiring, Inclusive leadershipEdit this page