A valuable professional-development opportunity
Learn how to foster inclusive environments that address identity, power and privilege.
January 22, 2020
Do you have a thirst for professional development?
Are you seeking to have improved interactions with students and colleagues?
Do you have difficulty addressing difficult topics in class or with co-workers?
Brush up on these and other skills with the Microaggressions Professional Development Opportunity.
The Microaggressions Awareness Campaign began as a way to help faculty and staff recognize campus dynamics and foster inclusive environments that address issues such as identity, power and privilege. The goal is to help employees address and combat the impacts of microaggressions and to continue improving interactions with colleagues and students.
Through this professional-development experience, you will:
- Develop a better understanding of equity, justice and inclusion concepts
- Recognize when microaggressions happen and the impact they can have on others
- Reflect on your own identities and assumptions about others’ identities
- Implement best practices to assess when microaggressions happen and develop action steps to address them
- Develop tools to create more inclusive classroom and working environments
- Address exclusionary behaviors, policy and structures through dialogue and other tools
- Identify and change embedded systematic bias that negatively impacts marginalized groups
Complete this form to attend an upcoming Microaggressions Professional Development Opportunity.
To host a session in your department, please contact Tisha Townsend, scholar advisor, TRIO Student Support Services, and president of the Latina/x/o Faculty and Staff Association, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The team will work collaboratively to produce the training that best suits the needs of your department.
Topics: Community, Diversity, Events, Excellence, Inclusion, Inclusive leadership, Learning and development, Professional developmentEdit this page