Help recognize MSU Denver’s outstanding educators
Nominate your colleagues for the Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award by Feb. 11.
January 21, 2020
The Metropolitan State University of Denver Faculty Senate is accepting applications for the 2020 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards. Please consider applying or nominating a fellow faculty member for this recognition.
Each of the four categories includes a $1,500 award:
- Tenured Faculty
- Tenure-Track Faculty
- Category II
- Affiliate (part-time)
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards honor faculty members who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- Exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- Showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and imparting that enthusiasm to students
- Maintaining rigorous academic standards
- Having a positive impact on students’ learning and professional development
- Showing a commitment to teaching
- Cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Applicants for the tenured and tenure-track award must be full-time faculty and have taught a full load, or worked an equivalent load, during both semesters of the 2019-20 year. Applicants for the full-time temporary and part-time faculty awards must have taught classes during both semesters of the 2019-20 year. The Teaching Excellence Award Committee is committed to evaluating online and hybrid teaching and encourages all faculty to consider applying for this prestigious award.
Applications must be received by Feb. 11 at 11:59 p.m. and must include the following documents:
- Complete Student Ratings of Instruction from 2018-19 calendar year fall and spring, or spring 2019 and fall 2019
- Syllabus from one class
- Guidelines for one assignment
- Teaching schedule this semester with times and rooms of classes
- Letter of recommendation from someone who has observed the applicant’s teaching and is not a student
Please direct questions to Maggie Thulson, assistant to the vice provost for Faculty Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics: Award, Community, Events, Excellence, Faculty Senate, Teaching Excellence AwardEdit this page