Get these First-Gen Celebration Week events on your calendar
Celebrate and support MSU Denver’s first-generation college students Nov 5-8.
October 28, 2019
Nearly half of all Metropolitan State University of Denver students — as well as many faculty and staff members — are the first people in their families to pursue higher education. To honor these trailblazing Roadrunners, the Gender Institute for Teaching and Advocacy, First-Gen Initiatives and TRIO Student Support Services are participating in the National First-Generation College Celebration.
Nov. 5-8, students, faculty and staff are invited to attend or support the following events, and to applaud the hard work and dedication of our first-gen community members.
First-Gen Forum: #Living Your Best Life
Tivoli 320 ABC
- 10-10:45 a.m.: Funding Your Degree or Living in Two Worlds: Balancing Family and School Life (workshops run consecutively)
- 11-11:45 a.m.: Living in Two Worlds: Balancing Family and School Life or Wellness for First-Gen Students (workshops run consecutively)
- Noon-12:30 p.m.: First-Gen Talent Show
- 12:30-1:45 p.m.: Community Building Lunch
- 2-2:45 p.m.: Wellness for First-Gen Students or Funding Your Degree (workshops run consecutively)
Netflix and Cocoa: “A Walk in My Shoes” film screening
Aerospace Engineering Science Building Forum
Cocoa and popcorn provided.
A Night at the Symphony
Boettcher Concert Hall at Denver Performing Arts Complex, 1000 14th St.
First-gen students and their families are invited to a free night at the symphony to celebrate first-gen students and their families. Students may bring up to four guests, and dinner is included. Alumni and campus partners are invited to volunteer.
To learn more, contact Tisha Townsend, scholar advisor, TRIO Student Support Services.
Topics: Community, Events, Student SuccessEdit this page