Things to know about the PDC
Tips to maximize your conference experience.
May 7, 2019
Many Metropolitan State University of Denver employees will attend the Professional Development Conference, “Shape Our Systems for Collective Success,” on May 30. To ensure that you get the most of the experience, here are some helpful tips from the PDC planning committee.
- Get there a little early. Give yourself a few extra minutes to check in, get acclimated to the space and then snag a seat in the auditorium for our fantastic keynote speaker. Don’t forget to grab refreshments at the coffee, tea and lemonade stations around the King Center — and there will be light breakfast snacks in case you need a pick-me-up.
- Bring your own personal device. The event will feature mobile check-in, and the program will be accessible from a Tiny URL or a QR code that we will provide. Hard copies of the program will also be available just in case.
- Don’t forget a pen and notepad. You’ll learn lots of wonderful things at the PDC, including tips and info you can implement in your office or department. Be sure to come prepared to take notes.
- Double-check what you marked. The night before the event, take a second look at your preferred sessions and what you ordered for lunch. You can certainly switch sessions if you find one that better suits your interests, but please remember that the information you provided has been factored into room capacities and assignments. For lunch, make sure to take what you ordered, and only if you preregistered. Don’t be that person who takes someone else’s lunch!
- Have fun! Event organizers have put genuine thought and care into making this conference a success. We hope you all enjoy the day and take the information you learn back to your respective spaces.
Topics: EventsEdit this page