Windows 10 is here
MSU Denver computers can now upgrade to the latest Microsoft operating system.
May 2, 2019
Information Technology Services is excited to announce that Metropolitan State University of Denver computers can now be upgraded to Windows 10. This latest version of the Microsoft Windows operating system provides updated security, improved accessibility, integration with Office 365 and more. Anyone with a managed MSU Denver computer running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 will be able to run the in-place upgrade directly from the Software Center; no phone call or appointment with ITS is necessary.
Please keep the following in mind when upgrading your assigned computer to Windows 10:
- Back up your data first: While the upgrade is designed to keep your applications and data intact, data loss is always possible, so we strongly recommend backing up your data before you run the upgrade. You can use any backup method you prefer, but ITS recommends backing your data up to the cloud using the OneDrive for Business app in your Office 365 account. ITS cannot restore any data lost in the upgrade process.
- The upgrade must be run on campus: Your computer will need to be connected to the physical MSU Denver network to complete the upgrade. Wireless won’t work.
- Give it time: The full upgrade process usually takes 90-120 minutes, during which you won’t be able to use your computer. Please ensure that there’s adequate time for the upgrade to finish, and don’t shut off the computer or disconnect it from the network while the upgrade is running.
- You don’t need to upgrade immediately: The upgrade isn’t required right now, so you can run it at whatever time is most convenient for you. However…
- Don’t delay: Microsoft’s extended support for Windows 7 will end next January, so all devices need to be upgraded by the end of the year.
Departmental computers that aren’t assigned to a specific user — such as front desk, adjunct or other shared-use computers — can be upgraded as well, but please keep in mind that multiple users may need to back up their data before the upgrade process is started. Please consult with your co-workers before upgrading these devices.
If you’re not comfortable running the upgrade yourself, or if you’re unable to do so for any reason, ITS will begin accepting appointments to upgrade machines May 24. If you‘d like to schedule an upgrade, please contact the ITS Helpdesk at 303-352-7548 or support.msudenver.edu.
For more information about this exciting opportunity, including instructions on how to run the upgrade and how to back up your data with OneDrive for Business, please visit msudenver.edu/technology/windows10.