Office of Faculty Affairs debuts new website
Visit the new site to find resources, review policies, learn more about the provost mini-grant, applaud faculty milestones and more.
September 11, 2018
The Office of Faculty Affairs believes that great faculty are at the core of a great university. The office provides a variety of supports to help Metropolitan State University of Denver faculty achieve their full potential, many of which are outlined on the office’s brand-new webpage.
Visit the new site to learn how the Office of Faculty Affairs can assist MSU Denver faculty in:
- Implementing faculty-related policies and procedures, such as those related to reappointment, tenure and promotion.
- Conducting faculty workshops, many of which are offered in association with the Center for Teaching, Learning and Design.
- Reviewing and supporting the development of department evaluation guidelines.
- Managing professional-development opportunities, including sabbatical applications.
- Maintaining critical documents such as the Procedural Calendar, the Guidebook for Portfolio Preparation and the Department Chair’s Resource Manual.
The webpage also includes a “Faculty Milestones” tab that shows promotion, tenure, post-tenure reviews, sabbatical information and emeritus decisions that are highlights in a faculty member’s professional life and in the life of the institution. These are important ways by which the University retains, rewards and highlights the accomplishments of its faculty; sustains excellence in its instructional programs; and promotes its mission to serve our students and our community.
Contact the Office of Faculty Affairs with any questions or to make suggestions for expanding or improving the webpage.