Become an MSU Denver Champion today!
Join students, alumni, faculty, staff, alumni and community leaders in the University’s nonpartisan advocacy effort.
August 6, 2018
Metropolitan State University of Denver Champions create a strong, collective voice to inform and influence public-policy decisions that affect the University.
Join students, alumni, faculty, staff and community leaders in an ongoing nonpartisan advocacy effort to make a real difference in Colorado.
Why does this work matter?
- We’re securing the future of MSU Denver as the best-value education in Colorado.
- We’re ensuring access to higher education for students from every background and experience.
- We’re supporting responsive, career-focused programs that prepare the next generation of leaders.
- We’re helping MSU Denver overcome being the lowest-funded-per-student four-year state university in Colorado.
Just during the 2018 legislative session, three MSU Denver faculty members influenced legislation that included efforts to combat Colorado’s teacher shortage, funding for open educational resources and civic penalties for third parties that contribute to academic fraud.
MSU Denver increased its commitment to legislative advocacy for the upcoming year by creating a new position: executive director of government affairs. Tyler Mounsey was introduced in that role in last week’s Early Bird.
When you become an MSU Denver Champion, you will receive:
- Email updates on the University’s priorities.
- Occasional action alerts asking Champions to advocate on a specific issue.
- Invitations to advocacy and celebration events throughout the year.
- Opportunities to meet with legislators and share your MSU Denver story or share testimony at the Capitol.
- Tips on how to be an active and successful advocate on behalf of the University.