Service, excellence – and BBQ
Winners of Distinguished Service Awards, Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards announced; honored today.
April 30, 2018
At Metropolitan State University of Denver, we all contribute our students’ transformative journey. And every year, we celebrate your work at the annual Faculty and Staff Appreciation Barbecue, taking place today from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Ninth Street Park.
In addition to smoked sustenance, we also honor those who’ve gone above and beyond the call of duty with the Distinguished Service Awards, the recipients of which exemplify what it means to be a Roadrunner.
The winners of the 2018 Distinguished Service Awards are:
- Gail Bruce-Sanford (administrator), who has served as director of the Counseling Center for 21 years.
- Cheryl Sipe (classified staff), with more than 22 years of service to MSU Denver.
- Ellen Slatkin (faculty), who has taught at the University for more than two decades and is currently a lecturer in the History department.
Additionally, the 2018 Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Award winners will be recognized at the barbecue. The honorees include:
- Chris Keelan, music, affiliate awardee
- Ali O’Brien, education, category II awardee
- Corey Sell, elementary education, tenure-track awardee
- Sue Barnd, physical education, tenured awardee
So leave your lunch in the office refrigerator and join MSU Denver President Janine Davidson and your co-workers to celebrate collegiality – and debate what kind of BBQ is the best (Kansas City? Texas? Memphis?).