All together now
A new Office 365 collaboration tool will be available soon.
March 19, 2018
All MSU Denver students, faculty and staff will soon have access to Microsoft Teams, a powerful group-collaboration tool that fully integrates with multiple Office 365 components. Information Technology Services has tested the Teams tool extensively and is confident that students, faculty and staff will find it beneficial.
Before using any new software tool, it’s always good to learn how to use it safely, so please keep the following information in mind as you start using Microsoft Teams:
- Since any MSU Denver student, faculty or staff member can create their own Teams environment, it is imperative that Team creators be mindful of the available privacy settings.
- Anyone in the University can join a “Public” Team without approval.
- Teams marked “Private” can be joined only if the Team owner approves the request to join.
- Team creators are encouraged to leverage the “Private” setting for any Team environment that should not be open to the entire University.
- Regardless of group privacy settings, Microsoft Teams should never be used for transmission of any protected data, including Personally Identifiable Information or any material that may be governed by FERPA, HIPAA or PCI regulations. Please see the Data Classification policies for additional information about protected data.
Microsoft provides helpful support documentation for using Teams, including changing the privacy settings and collaborating in Microsoft Teams. If you have any questions or require technical support, please contact the MSU Denver ITS Helpdesk at 303-352-7548 or support.msudenver.edu.