7 things you need to know about the new telephone system
New phones and phone numbers are coming. Here’s how to prepare.
May 15, 2017
- Most campus telephone numbers and all phone handsets will be changing as part of this project.
- The transition to the new phone system will take place over the summer and fall semesters with the goal of fully implementing by Dec. 1, 2017.
- ITS will contact administrative support staff over the next few months to provide training on the new system.
- If you have been contacted by ITS to verify a list of the employees in your department, please complete and send to ITS as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit the Telecommunications Initiative webpage for up-to-date information about the project, including an implementation timeline and several informative (and entertaining) videos.
- If you need to order printed materials with telephone numbers now, you might want to order a small quantity while your current phone numbers work. After you receive your new numbers, you can reorder a larger quantity of print materials.
- Keep your eyes peeled on the Early Bird for updates!