Working at MSU Denver has its perks
As an employee, there are so many ways to both save money and enjoy the University’s unique culture
April 6, 2017
Metropolitan State University of Denver’s faculty and staff enjoy a generous vacation policy, paid sick leave and the reward of seeing students fulfill their educational dreams.
But there are plenty of other perks offered to employees of MSU Denver of which you may not be aware. Here are just a few:
- After one year of employment, each benefits-eligible employee can apply for a reimbursement of up to $750 for professional development activities per fiscal year (while funds last). Changes are also coming to the undergraduate tuition benefit, increasing the number of hours available and extending the benefit to spouses and dependents of eligible employees.
- Faculty and staff can join the Mug Club for a one-time fee of $55. Mug Club members receive $1 off any Tivoli beer at the tap house.
- Employees get 20 percent off food at the Tivoli Brewing Tap House. Show your ID to get the discount. You can get 20 percent off food at Degree Metropolitan Food + Drink, too.
- Roadrunners Athletics is offering two free tickets to all regular-season home games.
- The Health Center at Auraria provides many free clinical services.
- Campus Recreation at Auraria (CRA) provides comprehensive recreation, fitness and leisure services for staff and faculty. Memberships are available for $50 for the fall 2018 semester.
- Healthy Pursuits offers several options for employees to stay active; Mind Body Fitness classes are free, while Group Fit classes require a Campus Recreation membership.
- Access to Colorado Rockies home games when you volunteer to raise funds for campus programs by selling 50/50 raffle tickets.
- Employees can book a room at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown at MSU Denver for $182 in 2018, based on availability. Spend the night, or extend the savings to visiting family members.
And remember, you’re eligible for all kinds of deals through the state of Colorado's BenefitHub.
If you know any employee deals, please let us know at email@example.com. We’ll publish any updates in a future Early Bird.