Spring into fitness: walking around campus
April 5 is National Walking Day, so join us for a 2-mile lunchtime walk around campus.
April 4, 2017
Meet your MSU Denver friends in the back of the Student Success Building, in front of Dazbog Coffee, at noon on Wednesday, April 5. From there, we will walk a loop around campus and will end back at the Student Success Building.
The entire walk, about 5,500 steps, will take about 50 minutes.
If you can’t make the scheduled walk, find some time to get away from your desk and walk when it’s convenient for you. Research has shown that walking at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce your risk of coronary heart disease and stroke
- Improve your blood pressure, blood sugar levels and blood lipid profile
- Maintain your body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance your mental well being
- Reduce your risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce your risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce your risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes