Show you the money
Just a reminder that your wallet is about to get a little heavier – See for yourself in your October paycheck.
October 31, 2016
The MSU Denver Board of Trustees approved the midyear budget update at its meeting on Sept. 9, 2016. This includes a 2 percent across the board increase effective Oct. 1, 2016, for Administrators and full-time Faculty (tenure, tenure track and category II faculty).
For all employees that participate in MSU Denver’s medical and dental benefits, the University contribution toward your monthly health insurance premiums will increase to 70 percent from 65 percent starting in Jan. 2017.
Full-time faculty and administrators will receive letters detailing individual compensation changes and new salary rates no later than Oct. 15 with changes effective in the Oct. 31, 2016, paycheck.
Below are additional details on the approved changes based on employee category:
Faculty compensation increases
- In addition to the 2 percent increase to current salaries and the adjusted percentage of the medical premiums, tiers were established for minimum faculty salary rates based on years of service and ranging from 93 percent to 99 percent of the CUPA average.
- The Affiliate faculty pay rate will be increased by 2 percent, effective Jan. 2017.
Administrator compensation increases
- In addition to the 2 percent increase to current salaries and the adjusted percentage of medical premiums, minimum salaries for Administrators will be increased to 90 percent of CUPA comparison average from 87 percent.
- In order to be eligible for this 2 percent increase employees must have been employed in their regular (non-temporary/student) position on or before June 30, 2016.
- Classified employees are under the State personnel rules and the legislature did not approve base salary increases this fiscal year.
- To show its appreciation, the University has determined to reward current MSU Denver Classified employees with a one-time stipend of $1,600.
- This will be paid to all Classified employees in their Oct. 31, 2016, paychecks.
Look for letters detailing any changes to your individual salary to arrive in October. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at 303-556-3120.