Department of Engineering & Engineering Technology
On Campus computer labs:
New lab: SSB 236 open Monday-Thursday 8 am - 6 pm and Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Below is a list of low cost and free software that maybe helpful in your studies
- MatLab for Students
- OnTheHub - Heavily discounted software for MSU Denver students
- Software for Personal Computers - available through MSU Denver's IT department including MS Office Suite & Mathematica
- MPLabX you need to scroll about halfway down for downloads
- Quartus II, current (01/2016) EET lab version: 13.0sp1
- SolidWorks - 12 Month Student Edition of SolidWorks software
- Novedge – Discount design software, including AutoCAD, SolidWorks, for Mac & PC
- JourneyEd – Discount software
- Studica - Discount software, including MultiSim and LabVIEW
- Academic Superstore – Discount software
- See the drop down for instructions for requesting a DreamSpark account
- Open to both current EAET students and Instructors
This page is for Engineering & Engineering Technology Students Only! Contact your respective department if you are not!
MSU Denver's Engineering and Engineering Technology Department participates in Microsoft Imagine, formerly known as DreamSpark Premium, so our students have access to development software at no cost to them.
Computer Science Students click here for your Department.
- The Microsoft Office Suite products (word, excel, etc.) are not available
- You may not receive software unrelated to a MSU Denver class
In order to receive software from this program, you must follow these steps:
- Civil Students Contact Ms. Rose Holtzman E-Mail: email@example.com
Mechanical Students Contact Mr. David McCallum E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical Students Contact Ms. Katrina McLaughlin E-Mail: email@example.com
using ONLY your MSU Denver e-mail supply one of the above with:
- Your e-mail subject line should be "DreamSpark access request"
- your name and NetID (email prefix),
- Student ID number (900 number),
- Engineering Technology class your are taking,
- Your instructors' names,
- Supply whether you have had an Engineering Technology DreamSpark or MSDNAA ELMS account in the previous academic year
- Once created your account you will receive an e-mail with the login information.
- Login to the site: WebStore/ProductsByMajorVersionList to get the software through secure internet download.
- Select the product you want to download and add it to your cart. Agree to the terms of the license agreement and download/run the Download Manager. Make sure you take note of the license number from the checkout page. You will need it to install the software. At average broadband speeds, a typical product's CD will take less an hour to download.
Accounts expire at the end of one year period.
If you forget your password, go to the site, attempt to log in, and follow the instructions
These instructions must be followed and the ELMS system used for every product. Failure to do so will result in the termination of this program in Engineering Technology at MSU Denver.
General information about the DreamSpark Premium program can be found at http://www.dreamspark.com.