Department of Engineering & Engineering Technology
Below are some of the resources for the transition to remote teaching and learning.
Students should be directed to www.msudenver.edu/technology/onlineready/
We have several tools available to us in terms of online classes. For example:
- You can use the Yuja tool to record a lecture and then students can view it as their time allows. This so-called “asynchronous” method allows students to rewind and review the material as needed and it can be effective. That tool can capture your voice, image, and or computer screen in the recordings, and that can all be done from your computer: Ready
- self-help tutorials
- Another approach would be to use a Microsoft Teams or Zoom to essentially conduct a video conference of your lecture.
- The Teams tools is free to all MSU Denver employees (https://www.msudenver.edu/technology/onlineready/teams/)
- EAET department has arranged for Zoom accounts for anyone who needs one to teach an EAET course. If you would like access to Zoom, then please contact Anjeli.
- For examinations, you may wish to move to a take-home examination, but if you would like to continue with a traditional “in-class” examination the University has access to a free proctoring tool: https://sites.msudenver.edu/etc/proctoring-and-authentication/ . That tool will allow students to take the exam remotely.
- Email, video conferencing for office hours, and Slack (https://slack.com/) are all great tools for interacting with your students.
Access Center, located in Plaza room 122
Testing Services, located in Tivoli room 347
EAET testing policy:
Students are responsible for all course deadlines. All course materials, activities and exams must be turned in on time. Any student who needs to reschedule an exam or miss a deadline in the course must submit a written application prior the test or the deadline when possible. Official documentation to support the application must be provided. Official documentations may include: court summons; medical doctor’s bill; military orders; police report; signed letter from employer on company letterhead; signed letter from local, state, or federal government; signed letter from a foreign embassy or consulate. The final decision will be at the faculty’s discretion.
Engineering & Engineering Technology Department has Affiliate Faculty (part-time) positions available each semester in: Civil Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, ans Sustainable Systems Engineering
Apply: In order to be considered as an applicant you must fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION
You must apply, online, using this position number ETSPT1 (posting id #3580) otherwise thedepartment will not be forwarded application information. Please note in application registration as a P.E.
DO NOT SEND RESUMES! ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED!
To confirm online application contact:
Human Resources or
the Engineering and Engineering Technology Department at 303-615-0499
Check email or ask Linda for the Word/Excel version or a more recent version
Additional University Forms:
Student Outcomes and Performance Indicators – Faculty Assessment Forms
For more information about the forms please contact the Department Chair, Assistant Department Chair, or the Program Coordinator.