Learn more about EAET, including: Information for Prospective Students, FAQs, Mission, Vision, Faculty Employment opportunities, Advisory Boards, Accreditation, History
If you are considering MSU Denver or any of our Engineering or Engineering Technology programs, please browse the Program pages and if engineering is right for you. There you will find more information about what you can do with your degree after graduation, what classes are offered and required, as well as contact information for both the department and faculty who may be able to answer more of your questions. If you have more questions, you can contact us at 303-615-0499 or Department Chair Dr. Mingli He
We are an ABET accredited Engineering Technology program, along with Computer Science and Computer Information Systems. ABET accreditation is something you should consider if you are interested in engineering or engineering technology programs and careers. The ABET accreditation designation allows our Engineering Technology graduates to take both the FE and PE exams, which are important depending on what aspect of engineering or engineering technology you are interested in.
Our new Engineering Programs are not yet ABET accredited, but are working towards it. Check here in the future for updates in that process.
If you decide to attend MSU Denver (we'd love to have you), be sure to check out the Tuition and Financial aid page & the EAET Scholarship & Aid page, before you decide to Apply Now. EAET, as well as all the Programs, only requires Univeristy admission.
Transfer students will need to meet with an advisor. For general studies and other non-engineering classes transfer students can meet with an a College of Professional Studies advisor. However, if a transfer student wishes to transfer in engineering courses s/he will have to meet with a faculty advisor. Please see our advising page for contact information. For more information about transferring, please visit Admissions page for Transfer students
If you are considering coming to MSU Denver and then transferring to another University, such as CU Boulder, CU Denver, or Mines, be advised that we do not have guaranteed transfer agreements with them for our engineering courses. Be sure to check with your other program what courses will transfer.
Enrollment data for all programs offered through the EAET department:
To be the preeminent baccalaureate institution producing quality graduates well versed in the art of applying science to engineering and technological problems, for practical positions in the work place.
To provide excellence in theoretical and practical instruction to a diverse student population, through a dedicated faculty, and the engagement of key external constituencies, including: employers, industry experts, and professional organizations.
- There is one board for each of the three engineering technology programs.
- These three boards merge to function as one board for the overall Department of Engineering Technology.
- Composed of practicing engineers and senior technical personnel knowledgeable of the work of graduates.
- Contribute significantly to the growth and development of programs as a means of assuring technical relevance.
- Maintains close liaison with the employing industries.
- Identify needs, progress, and problems of graduates and industry.
- Advise educational solutions.
- Promote community awareness and support.
- Volunteer their time to help us achieve our educational mission.
- Integral part of the assessment process.
- All Engineering and Engineering Technology Faculty are ex officio board members.
Please check your email Dr. Mingli He with your questions.
Engineering & Engineering Technology Department has Affiliate Faculty (part-time) positions available each semester in: Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, and Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Instructor: Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology and 4 years experience
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Master’s Degree and 4 years experience or a Phd in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Please note in application registration as a P.E.
Apply: In order to be considered as an applicant you must fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION
You must apply, online, using this position number ETSPT1 (posting id #3580) otherwise department will not be forwarded application information.
DO NOT SEND RESUMES! ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED!
To confirm online application contact:
Ms. Linda Succo
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Engineering Technology, Campus Box 29
P.O. Box 173362
Denver, CO 80217-3362
(Please state program of interest Civil, Electrical or Mechanical when contacting Ms. Succo)
Partnered or memorandums of understanding:
- Pollack Mihály Faculty of Engineering, the University of Pécs is one of the biggest, most multi-faceted institutions of Hungarian technical higher education and the centre of South-Transdanubian engineering education.
If you are an alumni member or just a friend of the programs please help support our goals.
Gift of Time
Donate your time as a guest lecturer, serve as a member of an Industrial Advisory Board, tutor students, offer student tours of your company, mentor a student club, and many others options. Contact the department chair or full-time faculty member in one of the programs.
Donate that piece of equipment that your company is getting rid of but still usable. Contact the department chair or full-time faculty member in one of the programs, to see if we can use your equipment.
Outright gifts by alumni and friends are made through the MSU Denver Annual Fund and in this way, contributions can be put to work immediately—providing funding for current programs or creating a reliable source of future income by expanding the University’s endowment.
Cash gifts are easy to contribute, and can be made through credit/debit card, cash, personal or cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to the Metropolitan State University of Denver Foundation, Inc. The easiest and most secure way to make a gift is online at Make A Gift!
Please choose department when making an directed online gift and specify in the comments one of the following:
- Engineering Technology Department use
- Civil Engineering Technology use
- Electrical Engineering Technology use
- Mechanical Engineering Technology use
Please choose scholarships when making an directed online gift and specify in the comments one of the following:
- Larry G. Keating Memorial Scholarship (Benefits Electrical students)
- Katheryn Bolles Endowed Scholarship (Benefits Civil, Electrical or Mechanical students that are Colorado natives)
- M. PASCHAL Scholarship (Benefits Civil, Electrical or Mechanical students)
For other ways of giving or address for cash gifts see the University Giving Page.