"TheDream.US is the nation’s largest college access and success program for DREAMers. We believe that all that DREAMers need is an opportunity. And all we need to do is provide them with financial support to attend one of our Partner Colleges, committed to their college completion."
THE DREAM.US SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FOR 2020/21 IS CLOSED! Check back here during the fall 2020 semester for updates on the application for the 2021/22 school year.
Learn more about the scholarship here: https://thedream.us/
For a brief video describing the application process for the 2020/21 school year, please scroll to the bottom of the page. Previous application guidelines can also be accessed here, and if you apply in the future, you will need to create a zip file. You can learn how to do this here: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Zip-File
The National Scholarship Program Guide provides information about the award, eligibility, how to keep and renew your scholarship, and other important topics, and instructions on how to access it are available here.
For questions, help, or to check in regarding your Dream.US scholarship please contact any of these three MSU Denver staff:
Immigrant Services Program
Gregor Mieder (email@example.com, 303-605-5390)
Classroom to Career Hub
Jasmine Villalobos (firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-605-7289)
You are eligible to apply for the 2020/21 scholarship if you:
- Have graduated or will graduate from high school or community college (with an Associates Degree), or have earned or will earn a high school equivalency diploma, by the end of the 2019-20 academic year;
- Graduated or will graduate with a GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale;
- Are not and have not previously been enrolled in a four-year institution or bachelor program and have not earned more than 21 credits in a community college (not counting credits earned in a pre-college or dual enrollment program in high school);
- Intend to enroll full-time in an associate or bachelor’s degree program at a Partner College no later than the Spring term of 2020-21 academic year;
- Are eligible for in-state tuition at the Partner College you want to attend (not applicable if it is a private Partner College);
- Have current DACA or TPS or certify that you meet the DACA immigration eligibility criteria set forth below;
- Arrived in the United States before reaching your 16th birthday; and
- Have significant unmet financial need.
Other eligibility criteria apply; for the specific eligibility requirements, please visit: http://www.thedream.us/scholarships/national-scholarship/guidelines/
(The Dream.US Opportunity Scholarship is not offered in Colorado.)
The 2020 Dream.US National Scholarship Application process
Description of 2020 Dream.US National Scholarship Application process