Dean of Students
President's & Provost's Awards
Fall 2020 President’s Award and Provost’s Award
Self-nominations for the President's Award and Provost's Award are now open!
Congratulations if you have been notified of your status as an exemplary studentand have fulfilled the criteria to apply for the President’s/Provost’s Award!
- President’s Award (Winner will be a student Fall 2020 virtual commencement speaker)
- Provost’s Award (Winner will be a student Fall 2020 virtual commencement speaker)
All awards are initiated through self-nomination. Please consider applying for these awards if you meet the criteria listed below.
The winners of the President’s and Provost’s Awards will be the featured studentspeakers during the virtual fall 2020 Commencement ceremony on Friday, December 11, 2020.
In order to be selected for awards, you must be approved to graduate in fall 2020, or have completed your degree during the summer 2020 semester. To check the status of your Application to Graduate, run a degree progress report in your student hub. If you have any questions regarding your graduation plan or eligibility to graduate, please discuss those questions with your academic advisor. If you have questions about your Application to Graduate, please contact the Office of the Registrar at email@example.com or 303-556-3991.
The nomination deadline for ALL materials, including letters of recommendation, is October 16, 2020 at midnight. The nominations must be submitted online via the form found in the link below. Within 2 -3 business days of submitting your nomination form, you should receive a confirmation email through the email address you provide on the nomination form (preferably your MSU Denver student email). If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2-3 business days, you are responsible for following up with Jamana Jamison in the Classroom to Career Hub via email to check on the status of your nomination. Failure to verify successful submission may result in disqualification.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
To apply for the President’s and Provost’s Awards, you will need two (2) letters of recommendation from MSU Denver faculty or staff in support of your nomination (find specific award criteria below). You are responsible for communicating with the MSU Denver faculty and/or staff writing recommendations on your behalf about the process, deadline, and verifying their letters have been submitted by the deadline—October 16, 2020 at midnight.
Please direct the individuals writing letters of recommendation on your behalf to submit their recommendation through the letter of recommendation link.
AWARD CATEGORIES CRITERIA
The selection criteria and nomination process for each of these prestigious awards is listed below. Additioinally, you must not have a disciplinary record on file with the University or pending disciplinary action.
Neither incomplete nor late nominations will be accepted.
PRESIDENT’S AWARD & PROVOST’S AWARD CRITERIA:
- All undergraduate students who are graduating in the fall 2020 semester, or who completed their degree in the summer of 2020 are eligible to apply, provided they meet the below-listed criteria.
- Cumulative MSU Denver GPA is 3.75 or higher
- Minimum of 30 academic credit hours completed at MSU Denver, or in progress
- Outstanding achievements (personal and professional)
- Superior academic achievement
- Community service
- University service (academic, departmental, and/or programmatic)
- Public speaking experience
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation submitted by MSU Denver faculty/staff on your behalf (include the first and last names and the corresponding departments of your two recommendations in your self-nomination form)
- Your Resume and/or CV (submit via your self-nomination form)
- A brief essay (750 words or less) articulating how you meet the award criteria (submit via your self-nomination form)
(note: Be sure to have recommendation letters submitted to support your nomination- please direct your recommendation letter writers to the recommendation letter link below)
- The nomination deadline for all materials, including letters of recommendation, is October 16, 2020 at midnight.
- Neither incomplete nor late nominations will be accepted.
- You must have an approved graduation application on file to be selected for the award.
- Both letters of recommendation must be submitted before the deadline, October 16, 2020 at Midnight.
Best of luck to you in your nomination for one of these prestigious awards!