Dean of Students
President's & Provost's Awards
FALL 2019 Nominations are Closed.
Below includes information on self-nominating for the President's Award and Provost's Award.
Congratulations if you have been notified of your status as an exemplary student and have fulfilled the criteria to apply for one of the Fall 2019 Outstanding Student Awards! The award categories are:
- President’s Award (Winner will be a student Fall 2019 Commencement speaker!)
- Provost’s Award (Winner will be a student Fall 2019 Commencement speaker!)
All awards are initiated through self-nomination. Please consider applying for these awards if you meet the criteria listed below.
The winners of the President’s and Provost’s Awards will be the featured student speakers during the Fall 2019 Commencement ceremonies on Friday, December 13, 2019. The winner for each award category will receive their award at the Outstanding Student Awards Banquet in May 2020.
In order to be selected for the President’s and Provost’s Awards, you must have submitted your Application to Graduate by the June 15, 2019 deadline and be approved to graduate. To check the status of your Application to Graduate, run a degree progress report in your student hub. If you have any questions regarding your graduation plan or eligibility to graduate, please discuss those questions with your academic advisor. If you have questions about your Application to Graduate, please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-556-3991.
The nomination deadline for ALL materials, including letters of recommendation, is Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Midnight. The nominations must be submitted online utilizing the forms found in the links below. Within 2 -3 business days of submitting your nomination form, you should receive a confirmation email through the email address you provide on the nomination form (preferably your MSU Denver student email). If you do not receive a confirmation email within 2-3 business days, you are responsible for following up with the Dean of Students office at 303-615-0220 to check on the status of your nomination. Failure to verify successful submission may result in disqualification.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
If you choose to apply for the President’s and Provost’s Awards, you will need two (2) letters of recommendation from MSU Denver faculty or staff in support of your nomination (find specific award criteria below). You are responsible for communicating with the MSU Denver faculty and/or staff writing recommendations on your behalf about the process, deadline, and verifying their letters have been submitted by the deadline—Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Midnight.
Please direct the individuals writing letters of recommendation on your behalf to submit their recommendation through the Letter of Recommendation link.
AWARD CATEGORIES CRITERIA
The selection criteria and nomination process for each of these prestigious awards is listed below. There must be no disciplinary record on file with the University or pending disciplinary action and a minimum of 30 MSU Denver hours completed or in progress to be considered for all award categories.
Neither incomplete nor late nominations will be accepted.
PRESIDENT’S AWARD & PROVOST’S AWARD CRITERIA
- All undergraduate students who are graduating in the Fall 2019 semester are eligible to apply
- Cumulative MSU Denver GPA is 3.75 or higher
- Minimum of 30 academic credit hours completed at MSU Denver, or in progress
- Outstanding Achievements (personal and professional)
- Superior Academic Achievement
- Community Service
- University Service (Academic, Departmental, and/or Programmatic)
- Public Speaking Experience
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation submitted by MSU Denver faculty/staff on your behalf (include the first and last names and the corresponding departments of your two recommendations in your self-nomination form)
- Your Resume and/or CV (submit via your self-nomination form)
- A brief essay (750 words or less) articulating how you meet the award criteria (submit via your self-nomination form)
- The nomination deadline for all materials, including letters of recommendation, is Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Midnight.
- Neither incomplete nor late nominations will be accepted.
- You must have an approved graduation application on file to be selected for the award.
- Both letters of recommendation must be submitted before the deadline, Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at Midnight.
Best of luck to you in your nomination for one of these prestigious awards!