Dean of Students
Dialogues Program at MSU Denver
Conflict is a normal part of life. Join us to dialogue about difficult topics in a meaningful way!
Spring 2020 Dialogue Events
If you are a student, faculty or staff member who is interested in having meaningful dialogue about challenging topics, please consider signing up for the MSU Denver Dialogues program.
Dialogue is not debate or discussion. Rather, dialogue is a process where we invite inquiry, explore differences, and build shared understandings.
Here’s what you need to know about dialogue:
- This type of process brings together people from different social groups to dialogue (not debate or discuss) about difficult subjects in a meaningful way
- Dialogue is an intentional conflict resolution process that allows for deep engagement, but that is often also challenging and uncomfortable
- Dialogue is more than listening and talking; it’s about learning
Dialogue Facilitation Training: January 24, 2020 from 9:30am - 4pm is SSB 202 (lunch will be provided!)
- If you are interested in enhancing your conflict resolution, leadership skills, or like to help others understand a different perspective, please sign up for our Facilitation Training
- After going through the training, you will be better prepared to co-facilitate dialogue events on campus
- You never know what will happen in dialogue, and the training will help prepare you to manage tensions, redirect comments, and address impacts
- RSVP here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f44a8ac2fa1f94-dialogue
Spring 2020 Dialogue Events: All events will be from 2pm - 4pm in Tivoli 320BC
- February 20: Civility Online
- March 19: Local Issues
- April 16: Cancel Culture
- RSVP here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f44a8ac2fa1f94-dialogues