Dean of Students
Dialogues Program at MSU Denver
Conflict is a normal part of life. Join us to dialogue about difficult topics in a meaningful way!
Fall 2019 Facilitators Series - Dialogues
If you are a student, faculty or staff member who is interested in having meaningful dialogue about challenging topics, please consider signing up for the MSU Denver Dialogues Program.
Dialogue is not debate or discussion. Rather, dialogue is a process where we invite inquiry, explore differences, and build shared understandings.
RSVP for the Fall 2019 Facilitator Series for MSU Dialogues program: https://msudenver.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3ypPFLPowg7x3dX
Here’s what you need to know about dialogue:
- This type of process brings together people from different social groups to dialogue (not debate or discuss) about difficult subjects in a meaningful way
- Dialogue is an intentional conflict resolution process that allows for deep engagement, but that is often also challenging and uncomfortable
- Dialogue is more than listening and talking; it’s about learning
Here's what you need to know about the Fall 2019 Facilitator Series:
- Any student, faculty member, or staff at MSU Denver is invited to participate in one or all of the events in the facilitator series
- the three dialogue events this fall are designed to train potential facilitators and practice dialogue
- even if you are not interested in facilitating, but are still interested, please still sign up!
Here are the Fall Dialogue Series details:
- September 19th from 2 – 4pm: Dialogue Training
- October 17th from 2 – 4pm: Presentation on Free Speech
- November 21st from 2 – 4pm: Dialogue Practice
- All dialogue events will be held in Tivoli 740