Department of Computer Sciences
Resource List for Academic Student Support
1. Seek Your Instructor: Office hours are for your use and benefit. Contact your instructor when you need help/advising. We also invite you to feel free to speak to any CS faculty you know and are comfortable with.
2. Computer Sciences Tutoring: (AES...) - In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, to align with MSU’s decision to cancel in-person classes/services, the CS Tutoring Group will be operating and available fully remotely utilizing Microsoft Teams. CS student tutors will provide online Tutoring at "CS Tutoring" in Teams for the required lower-division classes: CS1030, CS1400, CS2400, CS1050 and CS2050. The weekly tutoring schedule is posted in the Teams. For further instructions on how to use our services through Microsoft Teams, please download this tutorial. Also, if you are interested in becoming a CS Tutor, please click on the following link and apply: https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/15075
3. Learning Assistants: Learning Assistant Program
4. Student Academic Success Center: Tutoring Center - SSB 220, Phone: (303) 615-1919
5. TRIO SSS PROGRAM is federally funded to serve 200 students annually. Student Success Building 240 (SSB 240) (303) 605-5378 The Student Academic Success Center (SASC) is a learning assistance center comprised of a collaboration of academic support services. Its mission is to provide a holistic approach to student development, learning, and persistence towards academic and personal goal attainment.
To participate, students must:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Have a need for academic support
- Must currently be a degree-seeking MSU Denver student
In addition students must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent has completed a four-year college degree)
- Meet federal low-income guidelines
- Have s documented disability
6. Brother to Brother (B2B) is an Urban Male Initiative Program designed to assist students to build strong study habits, organizational skills, and test taking skills. We develop social activities to create a sense of community for male students including the development of friendships with peers and students.
7. Career Services: Tivoii 215, (303) 615-1133 Offers assistance in career interest testing, personality testing, and workshops focused on career planning, resume preparation, job search strategies, and interviewing skills.
8. Counseling Center: Tivoli 651, (303) 615-9988 Offers short-term individual, couple and group counseling to discuss personal, educational, and relationship concerns.