College of Health and Applied Sciences Advising
Are you looking for a job that will work around your class schedule and help prepare you for the workforce after college? Have you been approved for work-study, or at least qualify for it?
Come join the team at the College of Professional Studies Academic Advising Office! Details and how to apply below:
College of Professional Studies Academic Advising Office - Student Employee
This position is for work-study students who are personable, prompt, take initiative and have great communication skills. Duties include:
- Covering the front desk while Office Assistant is away, answering phone and greeting visitors.
- Scheduling advising appointments for CPS students using Microsoft Outlook.
- Answering basic questions from students, other staff, faculty and community members and/or directing them to other departments as required.
- Log degree audit adjustments and other forms for students using Microsoft Excel.
- Make regular deliveries around campus.
- Special projects from advisors
- Work in an environment that handles confidential student files and paperwork, adhering to FERPA law and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: Must be approved for work-study funding.
- Preferred: Previous office front desk experience including answering phones and greeting visitors, exceptional customer service skills, experience with Microsoft Office -- especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
E-mail a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. Please remember to include your work availability for the semester applying for.