Coronavirus: Updates and Resources
Email from President Davidson:
Positive case of COVID-19 at MSU Denver
March 17, 2020
Those who have been in contact with this individual have already been notified by health officials.
Dear MSU Denver community,
We learned this morning that an MSU Denver employee has tested positive for COVID-19. While we hoped we might avoid this scenario by enacting preventive measures throughout March, we have also been actively planning for this possibility for some time now.
We are working with the Health Center at Auraria and Denver’s Department of Public Health to investigate further details, including the risk of exposure.
What we know now is:
- This is the first reported case of COVID-19 at MSU Denver; those in contact with this individual have been notified by health officials.
- The employee was last on campus on March 11 and has been self-isolated at home since then.
- We are working with the Health Center at Auraria and Denver Department of Public Health.
- In anticipation of the increasing likelihood of a positive COVID-19 case on campus, we began our transition to remote learning the week of March 9. The week of March 16, we executed a liberal remote-work policy and instructed employees except for critical personnel to be off campus by noon today, March 17. Since March 16 we have had no in-person on-campus classes.
- We have already been following public health guidance regarding additional cleaning and sanitation steps to prevent the further spread of the virus.
MSU Denver is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of our community and supporting individuals who test positive for the COVID-19 virus. Please continue to take care of yourselves, your families and each other during the coming weeks as we face what’s ahead together. For a list of all resources available to the campus community, please visit www.msudenver.edu/coronavirus-update/.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult and challenging time for everyone.
Janine Davidson, Ph.D.