Coronavirus: Updates and Resources
Email from President Davidson:
An update on campus operations
March 16, 2020
Dear staff and faculty,
I’m writing with an important update on Metropolitan State University of Denver and the Auraria Campus’ operations. In order to protect our Roadrunner community and impede the spread of COVID-19, we will be drastically minimizing the number of personnel on campus as soon as possible, but no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 17.
As noted in previous communications, beginning today all teaching and learning for the rest of the semester will happen online. Faculty please help clarify your intentions with students.
For staff, we are implementing a remote-work policy with the goal to get the maximum number of people off campus while still supporting operations. This means that all staff should speak with their supervisors to determine how they can transition their work online.
Support services for students and building closures
All of MSU Denver’s student success and enrollment services will continue to function but will do so remotely.
The? Health Center at Auraria will remain open until further notice and can provide limited COVID-19 testing. Please call the Health Center first at 303-615-9999 prior to directly walking in. This enables the staff to get ready for your visit and ensures that the appropriate screening questions can be asked over the phone.
Since this morning, we’ve had several more updates on building closures on the Auraria Campus.
The Tivoli Student Union
- Note that the Tivoli computer lab will be open and staffed until 7 p.m. on Tuesday and closed after that.
The Auraria Library will physically close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, but continue to offer services remotely.
- Access materials online Off-Campus Access & Help
- Chat 24/7 via Ask Us
- Schedule a virtual consultation
The Early Learning Center will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday until further notice.
Managing stress and anxiety
We understand that the constant stream of information about COVID-19 and ongoing changes to campus operations may cause stress and anxiety. During challenging times, please know that the following resources are available to you and your students:
- You can talk to a medical professional or counselor at the Health Center at Auraria. Simply call 303-615-9999 and indicate that you would like to schedule a “Coronavirus Consultation.” There will be no charge for this visit.
- MSU Denver’s ?Counseling Center will begin offering virtual counseling opportunities for students this week. Please call 303-615-9988 to request or reschedule a counseling appointment. If you have an urgent crisis, please call 303-615-9911.
Thank you to our staff and faculty for their ongoing understanding and flexibility as we face this unprecedented situation together. Now more than ever, we need to be good to ourselves, our families and each other. Please continue to keep an eye on the MSU Denver COVID-19 website for updated information.
Janine Davidson, Ph.D.