Office of the Controller
Accounts Payable Downloadable Documents
Office of the Controller
- The Purchasing Manual is intended to help MSU Denver staff and faculty determine the rules associated with buying. This guide provides basic information about purchasing processes, encumbrance requirements (PO or SPO), vendor agreements, state awards, and official functions. Information regarding illegal purchases, restrictions, and documentation requirements is also provided.
- The Banner Finance Manual is intended to help train staff and faculty how to navigate Banner Finance. This manual helps the user understand a FOAPAL (the accounting codes) and it identifies helpful screens (forms). In addition, this manual provides detailed information to assist the end user when reading the Banner screens and reports - to help them understand the details of their payments and other activity in Banner.
- The Purchase Order Terms & Conditions is a copy of the terms and conditions, applicable to all MSU Denver purchase orders and special purchase orders.
- The Purhcase Requisition Forms are used when requesting a purchase order for purchases in excess of $10,000/yr. The completed form must be submitted to Procurement and Distribution Services at AHEC. Purchases are not approved until a purchase order is received from AHEC and entered into Banner.
- The Special Purchase Order Form is a blank SPO form, for purchases up to and including $10,000. A department may use this form to request an SPO, using one of their assigned SPO numbers. Completed SPO forms are submitted, via email, to Accounts Payable. Purchases are not approved until the SPO is entered into Banner.
- The AHEC Sole Source Form must be completed and submitted to AHEC when a department needs to make a large purchase, but they cannot go out to bid because there is only one specific product/service which can meet their needs and only one vendor who can provide it.
- The SPO Flowchart provides information about the workflow when establishing a special purchase order.
- The Signatory Authorization Form is used anytime the primary signor, alternate signer or administrative point of contact changes for a particular FOAPAL. It is important to keep this information updated to keep the payment process efficient. Also submit this form, along with the Banner Chart of Accounts Form, when requesting a new fund or org.
Vendors should be sending their invoices directly to Accounts Payable.
- The New Vendor Packet is used when you are securing the services of a new vendor - but you are not using the Personal Services Agreement packet. This packet contains the ACH enrollment form and the W-9 form. The W-9 form is mandatory for all new vendors. The ACH enrollment is strongly encouraged, to facilitate quicker payments, but it is not mandatory. Additionally, please review our.
- The ACH Enrollment Form is to be sent to any vendors who would like to sign up for electronic payments. The ACH enrollment is strongly encouraged, to facilitate quicker payments, but it is not mandatory. ACH payments are processed daily, but the University processes only one check run a week.
- The W9 Form - Domestic Vendors (blank) is a mandatory form for all new vendors. This form may also be used if a vendor has changed their name or their tax status.
- The Check Request Form is used to request payments for $100 or less or for employee reimbursements up to $500 total. The check request may be any dollar amount for dues, memberships, subscriptions; for financial aid/tuition assistance; for postage, freight, or delivery charges.
- The Frequently Used Account Codes is a searchable, easy-to-use spreadsheet to assist you with finding the most commonly used account codes for your department’s expenses. For a full listing of account codes you must search in Banner Finance.
- The Manadatory Award Matrix will assist you with identifying which vendors have received a mandatory award. You should review this matrix prior to making a purchase. EX: Office Depot/Office Max is the mandatory award vendor for office supplies, so all office supplies should be purchased from them.
An honorarium is a gratuitous payment in recognition of a service relating to academic activity for which no fee has been set or agreed upon in advance. Honorariums are taxable income and may not be used in lieu of a salary.