Office of the Controller
Amazon Business Accounts
Office of the Controller
We are excited to announce that Metropolitan State University of Denver has partnered with Amazon Business for Education. We have created a centralized Amazon Business for Education account that will make it easier for you to purchase on Amazon.com, using your University Corporate Credit card. Due to this new partnership, we will no longer allow personal reimbursements for purchases from Amazon.com.
Through your AmazonBusiness account you will have immediate access to:
- Free Two?Day Shipping on qualifying orders over $49
- Business pricing and quantity discounts on millions of select items
- Business?optimized search and browse functionality
- Enhanced reporting & reconciliation
- Access to a specialized business?only Customer Service team at (866) 486-2360
- Automatic tax exempt purchasing on items sold by Amazon.com LLC and by participating third-party sellers
- Easy shipment tracking and purchase reporting
Note the following required by Metropolitan State University of Denver:
- All Amazon Prime accounts currently associated with the University will be closed. You will receive an email from Amazon explaining how to migrate your Amazon Prime account to the University’s main account.
- The email linked with your new Amazon Business account must be an MSU Denver email address and your shipping address must be a campus (or satellite campus) address.
- Your account must be linked to a University (individual or departmental) Corporate Card. Personal credit cards are not allowed.
- Personal Amazon accounts: campus email addresses must be removed from personal Amazon accounts. You must change your personal Amazon account to a personal email address on the Amazon website. If you neglect to make this change – BEFORE signing up for the new Amazon Business Education account ? your personal purchases will be comingled with the university’s purchase history. Your personal purchases will then be subject to open records requests, general public viewing, and news agencies. This may also leave you personally subject to audit, if the sales tax exemption is inadvertently applied to your personal purchases.
- Mandatory Award Vendors must still be used. Do not purchase items from, Amazon.com, which are awarded to mandatory vendors. Before buying, please review the Mandatory Award Matrix.
Beginning on April 17, 2017, all Amazon accounts and purchases must be consolidated to the centralized Metropolitan State University of Denver Amazon Business account. If you are unsure of how to activate your account or use Amazon Business, please see the Amazon MSU Denver Registration and Buyers Guide.