Ceremony Details for Spring 2021
The deadline to register for Paint the Town Red is April 16th.
Paint the Town Red
We are excited to announce that graduates can now bring up to two guests to cross the stage with them thanks to new public health orders for Denver that lifted some restrictions on outdoor events.
Below you’ll find all the details and directions you’ll need to take part in this special day!
What to Expect at Paint the Town Red
Paint the Town Red will take place at the Assembly Athletic Complex at 1390 Shoshone St., Denver, CO 80204.
Parking will be free for all graduates who park in the Birch, Fir or Elm lots. (Note: The available lots changed from previous emails)
Regalia is also required for all Spring 2021 graduates.
- Before you enter the facility, you can stop by tables offering specialty cords, stoles and medallions if they’re applicable to you.
- As you enter the facility, walking side-by-side with your guests, you will be asked to fill out a quick health questionnaire and provide the names of your guests.
- You’ll then stop at a graduate check-in table, where you’ll pick up your name card.
- As you make your way onto the turf soccer field, you’ll notice we’ve rolled out the red carpet. Follow the red carpet to pick up your diploma cover and academic honors cords.
- After picking up your graduate items, you’ll have a professional headshot taken by LifeTouch photography. We’ll also have professional MSU Denver photographers capturing the moment you cross the stage.
- Then you’ll hand your name card to an MSU Denver proclaimer, who will read your name as it will appear on the livestream, which can be found at www.msudenver.edu/commencement. The recording will be made available afterward as well.
- Once your name is read, you’ll cross the stage with your guests at your side. On stage, MSU Denver leaders and board members will congratulate you as you mark this incredible milestone.
- Once off stage, you’ll have a chance to pick up alumni swag as you exit the facility.
It is your responsibility to ensure you practice social distancing. The event will be fast-paced as we work to get all graduates and their guests across the stage. We hope you’re excited for this special occasion!
The times for each day are broken down by the following:
Tuesday, May 4th
Spring 2021 College of Business graduates: 8 - 10 a.m.
Spring 2021 College of Professional Studies graduates: 10 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.
Spring 2021 Nursing Department graduates: 1:20 - 2 p.m.
Wednesday May 5 (originally scheduled for Monday May 3, but was rescheduled due to severe weather)
Spring 2021 College of Letters, Arts, Sciences graduates: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Spring 2021 School of Education graduates: 12 - 1:20 p.m.
Spring 2021 School of Hospitality graduates: 1:20 - 2 p.m.
Due to the limited capacity we can have in the Assembly Athletic Complex, we unable to allow audience members into the venue. Each graduate will only be in the facility for approximately 20-40 minutes, so this event will be fast paced. However, loved ones can watch a livestream of the event via the commencement home page and they're welcome to meet up with graduates on-campus after they leave the event. Check out our photo map for places you can take photos at with family and friends (also shown below.)
Friday, May 14th starting at 2 p.m.
Tune in at 1:30 p.m. to watch a special per-ceremony show.
The ceremony will be livestreamed for graduates and their loved ones to watch together from the comfort of their homes on the. The virtual ceremony will consist of student music and art performances, remarks from MSU Denver President Dr. Janine Davidson, remarks from the Board of Trustees, remarks from student award winners, and a keynote address from Colorado Supreme Justice Monica M. Márquez. The ceremony will also include the conferral of degrees and presentation of graduate slides.
The deadline for submissions was April 5. If you did not submit your information, we will create a slide for all gradaution candidates who have applied for graduation through the Registrar's Office as of April 6. The graduate slides will be played during the presentation of candidates in the virtual ceremony. If you are a double major, please make two submissions for both of your majors.