Faculty & Staff
Due to the commencement ceremonies moving to a virtual format for Spring 2020 and Fall 2020, we will not need any marshal volunteers this year. Additional aspects of Commencement are the specialty ceremonies and graduation celebrations that several organizations and departments host to highlight the achievements of students in their own unique ways. If you are planning one of these events, please submit the details here so we can ensure that accurate information is included on the Commencement website.
If you would like to request virtual event support for your specialty ceremony or department graduation celebration, please fill out this form and the virtual events team will get back to you as soon as possible about the viability of your request.
Video Messages for the Virtual Ceremony
The commencement team invites all faculty and staff to submit video messages for the 2020 Commencement ceremonies. The messages will be shown in a pre-show package presented 30 minutes before the virtual ceremonies start. Please review the instructions below. All videos must be submitted by Nov. 23.
- Record your video in either MOV, MP4 or WMV format.
- Please limit your video to 20 seconds or shorter.
- Please make sure your messages are general, as we will be sharing these messages before both the Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 virtual ceremonies.
- You can view example messages from Faculty & Staff here.
- Submit your video via the Commencement Teams channel.
- Simply drop your video into the chat via the teams link above.
- Watch the Commencement pre-show to see your video messages before the virtual ceremonies start.
2020 Virtual Commencement Ceremonies
Friday, December 11, 2020 - College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, School of Education, College of Business, College of Professional Studies and School of Hospitality
Spring 2020 - virtual ceremony starting at 11 a.m. with a pre-show starting at 10:30 a.m.
Fall 2020 - virtual ceremony starting at 2 p.m. with a pre-show starting at 1:30 p.m.
We invite all faculty and staff to join the pre-show and virtual ceremony and encourage you to interact with gradautes and other faculty and staff members in the chat of the livestream. The livestream will be posted on the commencement home page.
If you have questions or concerns, or need a timeline of the day, please email Cora Potter, manager of unviersity events and protocol at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review Marshal Positions Here - Marshal Roles