Date and Time
Friday, May 15, 2020
- College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and School of Education will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- College of Business and College of Professional Studies will begin at 2:30 p.m.
Each commencement ceremony will last approximately 2 hours.
The Denver Coliseum is located at I-70 (Brighton Blvd. Exit 275B) and Humboldt Street, just east of the junction of I-25 with I-70.
** ATTENTION **
Due to construction in the area, please visit this link to see plan out your trip based on construction, traffic, and road closures while planning your visit for the Fall 2019 Commencement ceremonies.
Denver Coliseum parking will cost $10.
You will have the option to purchase a parking ticket early during our Cap and Gown Pick Up in St. Cajetan's, on December 3rd and 4th from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Graduates may have as many guests as they wish. No tickets are required. Seating is on a first-come-first-served basis and all guests should be seated no later than 20 minutes before the ceremony.
Traditionally, Commencement is the high point of the academic year and is the most dignified of academic ceremonies. To assure that candidates experience the recognition they deserve for the hard work required to complete their degree, the following Commencement Policies have been established by the University.
- All candidates, their families and friends are expected to remain for the entire Commencement Ceremony. Any unnecessary movement may prevent families and friends of those persons crossing the stage from hearing the name of the graduate read. Graduates should not leave the ceremony grounds until the appropriate time during the recessional.
- No one but the graduates, faculty, and members of the platform party will be permitted in the stage area of the ceremony grounds.
To preserve the dignity of the Commencement Ceremony, no alcoholic beverages are permitted. A Marshal will confiscate any alcoholic substance immediately. Further, should any Marshal deem an individual unable to safely participate in the Commencement Ceremony as a result of the consumption of an alcoholic beverage, that individual will be removed from the line of march and not permitted to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
The Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremony can be viewed live online. The live feed will begin shortly prior to the ceremony.
If this is your first trip to Denver, or you would like to try a different restaurant, check out:
- Downtown Dining and Nightlife Guide courtesy of the Denver Metro Convention Center & Visitors Bureau.
- Visit OpenTable to make reservations at various restaurants here in Denver.
If you plan to make lunch reservations or have a party after Commencement, remember that it may take up to 45 minutes for the graduates to recess, return their caps and gowns, and to reach your car.