Paint the Town Red
Wednesday, May 5, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
We are excited to announce that graduates can now bring up to two guests to cross the stage with them thanks to new public health orders for Denver that lifted some restrictions on outdoor events.
Below you’ll find all the details and directions you’ll need to take part in this special day!
What to Expect at Paint the Town Red
Paint the Town Red will take place at the Assembly Athletic Complex at 1390 Shoshone St., Denver, CO 80204.
Parking will be free for all graduates who park in the Birch, Fir or Elm lots. (Note: The available lots changed from previous emails)
Regalia is not required for all 2020 graduates.
- Before you enter the facility, you can stop by tables offering specialty cords, stoles and medallions if they’re applicable to you.
- As you enter the facility, walking side-by-side with your guests, you will be asked to fill out a quick health questionnaire and provide the names of your guests.
- You’ll then stop at a graduate check-in table, where you’ll pick up your name card.
- As you make your way onto the turf soccer field, you’ll notice we’ve rolled out the red carpet. Follow the red carpet to pick up your diploma cover and academic honors cords.
- After picking up your graduate items, you’ll have a professional headshot taken by LifeTouch photography. We’ll also have professional MSU Denver photographers capturing the moment you cross the stage.
- Then you’ll hand your name card to an MSU Denver proclaimer, who will read your name as it will appear on the livestream, which can be found at www.msudenver.edu/commencement. The recording will be made available afterward as well.
- Once your name is read, you’ll cross the stage with your guests at your side. On stage, MSU Denver leaders and board members will congratulate you as you mark this incredible milestone.
- Once off stage, you’ll have a chance to pick up alumni swag as you exit the facility.
It is your responsibility to ensure you practice social distancing. The event will be fast-paced as we work to get all graduates and their guests across the stage. We hope you’re excited for this special occasion!
Diploma Cover, Honors Cords and Alumni Gifts
The deadline to submit your address in order to receive your diploma cover, honors cords (if applicable) and alumni gifts in the mail was Dec. 31, 2020. If you missed the deadline, please contact the Commencement Team via email@example.com