Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
CYBM Application Information for Fall 2021 Class
- The Fall 2021 Admissions Cycle is now OPEN.
- You can start your application HERE.
- Please note the CYBM program at MSU Denver is fall-start only.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Application
- Please note: application processing may take up to 6 - 8 weeks after submission of complete application.
- For full consideration, please apply by April 15th
- We encourage everyone to apply and submit the required materials early. Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis after the deadline as long as spaces are available.
CYBM Program Application Requirements
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in any discipline with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online Graduate Admission application
- $50 non-refundable application fee (for a limited time, the $50.00 application fee will be waived for CYBM applicants only).
- Official Transcripts sent directly from all colleges and universities attended. *MSU Denver official transcripts are waived. Send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-2 Page Personal Statement/Essay
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Many factors influence the success of a graduate student, factors such as an applicant’s maturity, motivation, employment history, work experience and other accomplishments will also be considered in making admission decisions. All applicants are considered on an individual basis
- Having a solid groundwork upon which the rest of the program can build a distinct body of knowledge in a technology discipline is vital
- Students will need to have formal exposure to the core areas of computer technology, computer science and computer information systems
- If applicant's undergraduate degree is in an area outside of Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems and other similar degrees, they will be required to enroll in a summer course (Principles of Cybersecurity) as part of the admission requirements and before beginning the CYBM program
- Occasionally, a student's demonstrated work experience may be sufficient to waive this course
- No placement test is required
For additional application information, please visit the CYBM program website.