Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology
CYBM Application Information for Fall 2020 Class
- The Fall 2020 Admissions Cycle is now open.
- Please note the CYBM program at MSU Denver is fall-start only.
- Start your application HERE.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Application
- Please note: application processing may take up to 6 - 8 weeks after submission of complete application.
- For full consideration, please apply by July 15th.
- We encourage everyone to apply and submit the required materials early. Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis after the July 15th deadline.
- Complete applications will be accepted for as long as spaces are available.
CYBM Program Application Requirements
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university in any discipline with a minimum of 3.0 GPA. Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed online Graduate Admission application
- $50 non-refundable application fee (for a limited time, the $50.00 application fee will be waived for CYBM applicants only).
- Official Transcripts sent directly from all colleges and universities attended. *MSU Denver official transcripts are waived. Send transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1-2 Page Personal Statement/Essay
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Satisfactorily complete a placement test, the CYBM Graduate Placement Test(s), before admission to the CYBM program.
The Placement Test(s):
- The placement test has two parts. One part is about computer science/computer information systems, the other about criminal justice and criminology.
- For those applicants who have an undergraduate degree in computer science or computer information systems, the computer science/computer information system part will be waived.
- For those applicants who have an undergraduate degree in criminal justice and criminology, the criminal justice and criminology part of the placement test will be waived.
Which Test to Take?
- To take the placement test for just the computer science/computer information system portion, ask the Testing Center for the "CYBM Computer Fundamentals Placement Exam."
- To take the placement test for just the criminal justice and criminology portion, ask the Testing Center for the "CYBM Criminal Justice Placement Exam."
- If you have an undergraduate degree in neither field, please take the exam for both areas.
- The placement test can be taken online for a $25.00 fee or in-person on the MSU Denver campus free of charge
- Students who fail the placement test(s) will be required to take one or more bridge courses
- Suggested bridge courses will be determined on a case-by-case basis
When and Where to take the CYBM Graduate Placement Test(s):
- The MSU Denver Testing Services Center will offer the CYBM Graduate Placement Test on a walk-in basis, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There is no charge to take this exam at the Testing Services Office.
- The Testing Services Center is in the Tivoli Student Union, Room 347. The physical address is 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO 80204.
- Limited extended hours are available by appointment only: Tuesday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Call the Testing Center at 303-615-1700 to schedule an exam during the extended hours.
- Please notify the CYBM program manager after you have taken the exam(s) to ensure the timeliness of reporting.
What to bring with you to the CYBM Graduate Placement Test:
- You must present a valid photo ID, such as a Driver's License or Student ID, at the time you take the test(s).
- For study materials, download the following*:
*Please note these are only suggested materials to aid in your test preparation but may not cover all content on tests
The CYBM offers graduate student scholarships. For additional information contact the program manager Lucy Daberkow at email@example.com.
For additional application information, please visit the CYBM program website.