Center for Individualized Learning
Fall 2020/Spring 2021 Program Limitations
The program limitations detailed below are in effect for the Fall 2020 and Spring 20201 semesters. We apologize for these limitations, but in order to protect you and our on-campus students, faculty, and staff, it is necessary to restrict the program for these two semesters.
- Some departments are choosing not to participate in the Metro Meritus program for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021. A list will be available by early August on the Center for Individualized Learning website at https://www.msudenver.edu/cil/metromeritus-lifelonglearning/.
- Departments will need to monitor the level of participation by MM students. Faculty have never been expected to allow students to take tests or have homework graded, although some professors do so. The program is an audit program; therefore, students are not required to take tests and complete homework. If they choose to do so, they cannot expect that professors will grade their work or provide feedback.
- The number of students allowed to participate in an online course will be limited to 3 participants each. Currently students are allowed to take as many courses as they want. However, during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms students will be limited to taking two courses per semester.
- No on-campus services will be available to Metro Meritus students during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms. These services include some library services, all on-campus computer lab services, and other usual student services, which are being limited for all MSU Denver constituents. If you need to access library and Information Technology (IT) services remotely, please contact those departments directly.
IT 303-352-7548 Auraria Library 303-315-7700 (https://library.auraria.edu/)
- No MM student identification cards will be issued as they will not be needed to access on-campus services. Students will be provided a student number (900#) and an email address so that they can access course materials and learning platforms.
- No face-to-face courses will be open to MM participants during the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. This restriction includes participation in face-to-face music instruction and choral groups. The campus is following state guidelines for social distancing in classrooms, which limits the number of people in a given space.
- Upon request, registration forms will be sent to participants via email by the MM Coordinator, Susan Heath. Please contact her for a form at email@example.com. You can also access the form on our website at https://www.msudenver.edu/cil/metromeritus-lifelonglearning/resources/.