Center for Individualized Learning
Required IDP Process
The Individualized Degree Program (IDP) is a self-directed process you will undertake with the assistance of your IDP Specialist and a faculty advisor. Timely graduation is dependent upon your full engagement, follow-up, communication, and participation throughout the entire IDP process.
Required Initial Steps
All students who are interested in the IDP must complete the following steps before their IDP major or minor may be declared:
- Watch the video to familiarize yourself with the IDP process.
- Schedule a 1-hour appointment with an IDP Specialist by calling our front desk at 303-615-0525.
- After meeting with an IDP Specialist, sign up for a Mandatory IDP Workshop.
IDP Workshops are now being held remotely, due to the pandemic.
- Students who have completed their initial meeting with an IDP advisor must contact either Lisa Kirscht, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lucinda Conde, email@example.com, to receive access to the Microsoft Teams meeting workshop.
- IDP majors and minors will not be declared until students complete the workshop.
- Upon successful completion of the workshop, we will declare your IDP major or minor. This will appear as “Undeclared IDP” in your record until your final IDP proposal is approved and the process is complete.
**All Workshops will be held live via Microsoft Teams**
Dates and Times of Synchronous Spring 2021 IDP Workshops
- Thursday, January 21st, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 1st, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 10th, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 23rd, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, March 11th, 12:00 – 1:30 m.
- Wednesday, March 31st, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 12th, 2:00-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 27th, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Mandatory IDP Workshop Description and Preparation
- The Mandatory IDP Workshop is a 1.5-hour session that will provide an overview of the IDP process. During the first hour, students will learn how to complete their Degree Plan worksheet and Rationale essay and receive direction on how to select a faculty advisor for their IDP. The remaining 30 minutes will be used to address any individual questions students have.
- Students are expected to access the live Teams meeting workshop on time. All the information presented is critical to your successful completion of the IDP proposal and your timely graduation.
To prepare, please review the IDP Requirements, the Degree Plan Guide, and the Rationale Essay Guide prior to the workshop. If possible, you should also prepare a draft of your degree plan prior to the workshop and bring it with you so that you can ask any questions you have.
The Center for Individualized Learning
Administration Building Suite 360 (Not the Student Success Building)
The street address is 1201 5th St., right across the street from the Auraria West Light Rail Station.