Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
For official University updates and resources, please visit the MSU Denver Corona Virus Update page.
How to Reach the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry main office is currently working remotely. We are ready to support you via email, phone or video conferencing. If you need assistance, you can call us at 303-615-0345 (the phones are being forwarded).
Keeping You Safe: Returning to Lab
For students partaking in lab coursework on campus this fall, we recognize there may be come anxiety in returning. We share in your concern and, as such, we have made it our top priority to set our students up for as safe and successful a return to the lab as possible. The faculty and staff from the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry have worked hard to establish safety protocols to address COVID-19 concerns during this unpredictable time. Below we have outlined the unique efforts and safety measures both the department and the university have put in place in order to maximize student safety. We have also made a video allowing you to get an 'eyes on' view of what our lab students can expect when they return to campus.
Physical Changes to Lab Spaces -
- Made hand sanitizer in-house - See MSU Denver RED Article - "In Safe Hands"
- Set up lab stations at least 7 ft apart
- Placed physical barriers when 7 ft distance is not possible
- Lab stations are stocked with all lab materials to minimize movement around lab
- Labs are disinfected between all sections of lab
Course Delivery -
- Rotating cohort schedules to enable social distancing in labs
- All lectures are being taught online
- Courses were redesigned to meet 6 university goals for quality online education
- Faculty underwent extensive 20-hour training on the new Canvas Learning Management System
- Hand sanitizer stocked around buildings
- Check stations at the entrance of buildings
- Health checks available via Auraria Health Center
- Maximam occupancy signs in shared spaces
- Student services across campus were transitioned into an online format
- Advising, degree planning and other department services were moved online