Center for Advanced STEM Education
Fall 2020 RTD Pass Update
RTD is not offering CollegePass this fall semester 2020.
RTD discount fares are available for eligible students. You can apply for a pass at RTD LIVE or contact RTD at 303-299-2667.
What you need to know about your classes
Synchronous and Asynchronous online classes:
- A synchronous online class meets at a set time each week in the same way an in-person class would. In contrast, an “asynchronous online class” is one in which students access course materials at a time of their choosing and are not required to interact with one another (or the instructor) at set times.
How will I know if my online class is synchronous or asynchronous?
- Synchronous courses will appear as “synchronous” and “online” in the Student Hub (see image below). Asynchronous courses will be listed as online courses. This change will be implemented by April 10. Please check your schedule after that date for information on the course delivery method
Quick vidoe overview of Canvas https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1124-canvas-overview-students
Guidelines for being on Campus
- Wear a face covering (mask or face shield) on campus when in the presence of others.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least six feet.
- Wash your hands frequently and/or use hand sanitizer on the way in and out of buildings.
- Follow signage for designated entrances and exits; comply with posted signage in common areas.
- Minimize touching of surfaces.
- No food-based events or gatherings will be allowed.
- Comply with occupancy limits posted on elevators; maintain physical distancing if using the stairs.
- A student, faculty or staff photo ID is required at all times when you are present on the Auraria Campus. Your ID will be needed to access buildings and services.
Where to Enter and Exit Buildings on Campus
Do you have questions about Safe Return to Campus?
Student Support Services available online
What is Open on Campus
Starbucks, Tivoli 201: Open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Tivoli Brewing Co., Tivoli 240: Open Monday-Friday, noon-8 p.m.
iloviT Market, Tivoli 271: Open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Saturday, noon-8 p.m.
Intermissions Café, Science Building, First Floor Atrium: Open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
McDonald’s, Tivoli 101D: Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Sono!, Tivoli 101E: Open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Subway, Tivoli 101B: Open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Tivoli Station, Tivoli 205: Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
U.S. Army, Tivoli 130: Open Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
U.S. Marines, Tivoli 126: Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
ZGo’s Café, Administration Building 120: Open, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
iPIE, Tivoli 229: Open, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Credit Union of Denver, Tivoli 263: Open, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs, Tivoli Commons: Reopening Aug. 18, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Saffron Grill, 10th Street Plaza: Reopening Aug. 18, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Simply Fresh Market, North Classroom, First Floor Atrium: Reopening Aug. 18, Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Required Daily Health Assessment?
Each member of the campus community is required to perform this self-assessment prior to leaving home.?If you are not feeling well or have any of the following symptoms, please do not come to campus.
If you answer "yes" to any of the following symptoms/circumstances, please call the Health Center at Auraria at 303-615-9999 for a phone consultation. A medical provider will assess your health status and advise you as to next steps.?Do not come to campus until you are medically cleared to do so.?
Do you have any of the following symptoms? Yes or No?
Fever or elevated body temperature (100.4 or higher)
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain/body aches
- Loss of taste or smell
Chills and/or repeated shaking with chills
Situational questions - Yes or No?
- Have you had direct contact with a person with COVID-19 in the past 14 days??
- In the last two weeks, have you worked or volunteered at a health care facility?
- Were you diagnosed with a positive case of COVID-19 in the past 30 days?