Center for Advanced STEM Education
Grant Support Services
The Center for Advanced STEM Education offers resources and support for faculty grant initiatives. Here are a few...
Faculty Grant Support Program
Promoting a culture of grant writing activities
The faculty grant support program is designed to develop and promote a culture of grant writing activity through the provision of financial and administrative support. Program awards are meant to increase grant seeking and writing efforts by faculty. This is a pilot program for Spring 2020.
The goal of this program is to promote a culture of grant writing activity by offering faculty support financially and administratively.
Faculty can request a budget (up to $5000) to support their grant writing activities in any number of ways, including but not limited to:
1. Request salary supplement during the summer term
2. Request payment for their teaching release time during the Fall or Spring semester
3. Request travel support to meet with Program Officers
4. Request purchase of research equipment and supplies
5. Request registration fee for attending a grant-writing workshop
Eligibility: The application to the pilot program is limited at this time to Category I faculty from Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Physics, and Mathematical and Computer Sciences.
Application Deadline: Spring 2020 application submissions are closed. Check back for application deadlines for Fall 2020.
Complete the attached application and submit with supporting documents.
Individualized support for faculty grant initiatives
The grant liaison position was put in place to further the initiatives of faculty who seek grant funding for their areas of expertise and research. Identified as a need by the Dean, this liaison will specifically assist CLAS faculty grant awardees. As each grant has its own unique parameters, assistance will be adapted to the needs of each grant initiative.
Contact the Center for Advanced STEM Education (CASE) grant liaison Linda Sivertson at firstname.lastname@example.org
STEM Grant Consortium
A STEM forum for those involved in all aspects of the grant process
A hands-on community forum for all those involved in seeking, submitting, and facilitating grants in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and cross-disciplinary STEM. Join your fellow STEM PIs, Co-PIs, and peers as part of a grant resource consortium.
This grant support group will offer regular digital communication and gather in person as needed to share information pertinent to the grant process. The group is here for you to share resources, collaborate, and assist each other with various aspects of grant submission and facilitation.
Some areas of support:
- Data collection and sharing
- Maintain a collective literature review
- Updated facilities/resources lists
- Knowledge of other related grants that can serve as resources
- Sample IRBs
- Internal review, proofreading and copy-editing
- Opportunities for publications & conference presentations
- Cross-college and cross-discipline collaborations
- RFP and proposal alignment